Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Removing my sutures?

1. suelala
    suelala
    It's been seven days. I can pull out my sutures now, right?
  2. zmdh39
    Between 7 to ten days, they are really easy, I just cut the knots and pulled them right out with tweezers.
  3. bubbalove1
    bubbalove1
    My sutures didn't have knots. They just pulled through.
  4. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    i waited i think till day 8. i had to tug and tug and tug some more..didnt really hurt cause most sites were still numb but it was kinda gross and my bf almost fainted.. you could see my skin ripple as i tugged.. i think i healed quickly and should have got to em a few days earlier.. so dont wait too long...
  5. suelala
    suelala
    I don't think mine have knots either. The one right there at my boob scares me. It's like, right there... in my boob.
  6. suelala
    suelala
    Update - finally went for it. My husband did it for me, with some tweezers. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer because there was one that required some extra tugging. One suture had a knot. They came out pretty easily. I'm not squeamish but I don't think I could've pulled them out myself. I'm surprised by how small the incisions are. I had my gallbladder removed with laparoscopic surgery too and my incisions were much bigger.
  7. amcmillan
    amcmillan
    if your sutures arent moving back and forth when you touch them then they arent ready.sutures that are ready will move easily/
  8. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    suelala why do u have suture in your boob?
  9. suelala
    suelala
    @gemini eyes - I think the suture in my boob is the one that everyone says is right below their boob. My suture was sort of right there, on the underside of my right boob. I don't know how to describe it.
  10. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    weird.. mine is centered right on diaphram just below boobs.. several inches from my boobs though.. huh.. ? so strange. guess it depends on our body frame or something..
  11. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    oh man...i didnt know i had to pull out stiches......gosh i hope i can do it!
  12. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    Can I just let them fall by themselves, Im usually good on doing those caind of stuff to others but not to myself uhffffffff
  13. suelala
    suelala
    A quick update on this. The "big" incision - the one on my stomach - busted open a few days after I removed my suture. All I did was lightly scratch it. Very, very lightly, because it itched. Long story short, I sought advice from a friend who's a surgeon and lives several states away from me. She kept tabs on me from afar. I used Bacitracin to keep the wound clean. Put steri-strips on it (wound closure strips) and a larger waterproof bandage over the whole thing. I also kept it from getting wet in the shower. Changed the strips every few days (maybe should've done it more often but I didn't). Anyway, it's been about four weeks now and it's almost completely healed. It didn't get infected. If I had insurance I would've just gotten stitches. I monitored the wound at all times for infection (smell, drainage).

Just wanted to put it out there in case this happens to you.
  14. DragonsLoard
    Thanks for the info suelata! Glad to hear it's almost healed..
  15. zmdh39
    Don't worry my son busted my largest open, it took longer to heal, but is still relatively small, I had no infection or anything like that either. I used wound filler, antibacterial ointment, and a sani wash on them...I was a little ocd about keeping them clean. They all heal up just fine.
  16. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    I'm looking at my stitches and they don't move very much, they don't hurt or anything and I put neosporm on them. I will wait the 10 days but pulling them out does freak me out alittle bit .
  17. suelala
    suelala
    @Eleanorrose - my surgeon friend told me specifically NOT to use Neosporin because it's not really sterile.
  18. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Thanks for the info on Neosporin, I did it! I pulled out my stitches and the itching has stopped! Now if only the snow would (syhhh). I want spring, I want to start wearing some of my 'old' new clothes again. I love dresses, and now I can fit into my spring resses, BUT we are having snow!!!
    Take care,

Everyone