Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello

1. NOLA2Kansas
    NOLA2Kansas
    I am new to the room and new to the idea of a sleeve. I went to the doctor today and thought I would get the band and he suggested the sleeve. Now I am in research mode to make up my mind. I also plan not to tell family and friends of my surgery right away, so this is my avenue to "talk" about it. thanks for any input.
  2. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    I choose the sleeve because I didn't want a foreign object left in my body. LOLOL ( I am a nurse and I work in surgery). I lost 60 lbs prior to my surgery and have only told a select few about my surgery. I was sleeved dec.11,2012 and so far have lost 91lbs. And no complication. This procedure has been like changing for me!!! Good luck
  3. Godsfavor
    Godsfavor
    I also chose the sleeve after much research n I'm anxiously awaiting my surgery day. I believe it's the best and more perminent decision. Good luck in whatever you decide. And it is best you keep it to yourself cause not everyone will be happy for you and some will also be jealous.
  4. cdudley
    cdudley
    Hi I am so ready to do this. Been the fat girl of the group all my life ..... God keeps this in my heart that this is for me. I am going to need lots of support because I have only told two people my husband and co worker who has had GBP and she is 8 yrs in and wish she had the sleeve. Going to be reading this daily for support and encouragement... Thanks in advance.
  5. finally38done
    finally38done
    I chose to sleeve after lots of research. I did not want the foreign object in me, i did not want to have my intestines rerouted, i didn't want to be restricted from certain foods for every, and i did not want to have to take more than a multi vitamin for life if i didn't have to. i was sleeved January 22. Day of surgery i was 296 and now I am 7 weeks out at 266. i am loving it so far. it took some getting use to with the pre and 2 week post liquid just a mental thing though cause i felt no hunger. i just got cleared today to workout before today i walked about 2.5 miles a day. I think it s the best decision you could make for your self. however, have clear expectations and know the weight does nt just fall off and you have stalls But once you get it off and keep your mind on protein and water. hope this helps.