Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

3 months out - how are you all doing?

1. Lucy61
    Lucy61
    I have my 3 month check up today - I had 75lb to lose and I'm half way there with 37lb gone. My diet is good, I eat regular food, and only protein drinks on the day's I'm working out for the added muscle benefit. The only foods I found I don't tolerate well is fish (salmon & halibut), but everything else I get along with just fine. I have been to Zumba classes - they are fun, even bought the CD's last week so I can zumba more at home. I have ups and downs with my stalls, I'll go 2 weeks and not lose anything, then I'll spend a day on my feet and the next thing I know 4 lbs is gone... then 2 more weeks before I lose anything.
    My NSV's... I need new clothes, my old ones are hanging on me. I can put on my snowmobile suit without having my husband help me zip it up and best of all is I love being full on 5 ounces of food!
  2. Vickiezupo
    Vickiezupo
    I had 55 lbs to lose I have lost 22 but more importantly I am losing tons of inches and feel great. I am now in NEED of getting new clothes I am trying to hold out for a little longer. Chicos clothing store is great I wear a size 2 there they run large. Fruit doesn't go down very easily but everything else is good. I lost 50 pounds before surgery so now the fat is leaving I walk on a treadmill about every other day 3 miles and I also stall out on losing but then am surprised when I wake up and I have lost 2 pounds.
  3. Smccabe
    Smccabe
    I had over 100 to lose and I am down 60 since my surgery on Nov 29. It is difficult and frustrating at times but well worth it.
  4. Nomomofosho
    Nomomofosho
    I started at 267 and down to 213...
    I've been up and down with the same 3 lb fluctuation for the past 2 weeks... I started walking again. ( I broke my foot and had to stop).
    Hearing from everyone here is helpful-- we are all doing the same thing and its validating to hear your struggles and see you come through them.
    After reading some posts, I think I'm eating too many carbs and probably need to cut out the shake I have every day. I hit 60-70 grams of protein every day
    and about 70 oz water (fluids). I am going to start counting carbs today and see where I am with that :-)
    this has been an interesting journey, hard at times and exciting other times.
    Good luck to ALL OF US!!! Here's to taking control of our health ;-)
  5. GUNPHRIES
    GUNPHRIES
    I am down 60 and am excercising more and more every day.
  6. 2BEHEALTHY
    2BEHEALTHY
    I'm three months out and have lost 33 lbs. I do pretty well with everything except vegetables and really acidic foods. The acidic foods give me acid reflux really bad. Otherwise I am tickled pink with this surgery!! I have to increase my exercise. I still have a problem taking time for myself with kids that need homework help everynight after work, but I'm trying. I'm sure I'll lose faster when I do.
  7. Momoftwo
    Momoftwo
    The first two months were really hard emotionally and physically. I was really tired and struggled to get all the protein in. However the last month has been great! I feel like my old self again except I am 70 lbs lighter. I have replaced my all my clothing! SO EXCITED! I am finally able to eat abbot 900 calories a day and play tennis. Everyone has been commenting on my appearance finally. I have 20 more pounds to reach my goal of 150 and I am hoping it will come off before June, I am the maid of honor in a wedding. I noticed the weight this past month has been coming off a lot slower. The three week stall may have had something to do with it, but I am hopeful and very happy! Keep up the good work everyone!
  8. Deanna13
    Deanna13
    Im down from 267 to 212 im packing to move so im getting plenty of exercise LOL I am about half way to my goal of 150
  9. Challengeof03
    Challengeof03
    Down from 213 to 172.....very happy girl
  10. bergamini
    bergamini
    I'm down from 291 to 230's and am very happy with the rate of loss, my goal is 195#.
  11. Ranch Nurse
    Ranch Nurse
    I am down 37 pounds, will be 3 months on Feb 19. Clothes are big, , wearing things that I have not worn in years (smaller sizes I kept for when I would lose weight). I have promised myself to NOT keep the big clothes. I can breathe so much better, love life, my SO says I am SOOOO much happier and he is so right. I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!. Struggle with eating too fast, but I am aware so I am trying to work on that. Drinking fluids is SOOO much better. This forum rocks. All questions are answered here!
  12. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Down 34.2 pounds and 29.8 inches as of Monday the 4th of Feb. Will weigh in again on Monday the 11th (weekly weigh in) and measure again in March (once a month). Still fighting eating too fast and too big of bites. Have trouble with hamburger; haven't tried steak; ok with chicken, turkey and fish and most everything else, so far. Have a lot of trouble with acid indigestion and gas, I take Omeprazole every morning and my Acti-Gall twice a day. I also keep Zantac in my purse and keep Gaviscon at work and at home. I do occasionally have wine (I am a volunteer wine pourer).
  13. barbthegroom
    barbthegroom
    Love my sleeve, just had my 3 month anniversary have lost 53lbs. Its crazy after yo yo dieting all my life finally I am in control. Dont feel deprived am tolerating everything. Just dont need to eat much at all. Missing not eating and drinking at same time, but that is small inconvience to feel like this. Happy Sleeving .....
  14. aquilazion
    aquilazion
    I had my gastric sleeve on 11/19/12 ,,only lost 30lbs,, is that too slow? I read most have lost a lot more, getting a bit down about it, still feel hungry and even though I don't eat large meals as I use to, I feel hungrier by the hour. I'm eating almost every two hours when before the surgery I ate twice a day, but big meals. Not sure what to eat anymore
  15. bscastaneda
    bscastaneda
    Hi everyone! I started at 390 and down 72lbs! I'm 318 now and still losing and feeling great! Clothes look great on me now even though I'm still pretty big, odly enough I have a flatter tummy now than I did whenI was 318 before my weight gain. My stomach has literally deflated and I love it!
  16. ekoehn
    ekoehn
    I had surgery on November 26th and felt great! Unfortunately on December 6th I was diagnosed with a a leak. I went into surgery immediately and had a feeding tube and 2 drains placed. I spent a month in the hospital. Then on December 26th they stented my esophagus. The stent was in for a month. I wasn't able to do anything. All I did for a month was puke. Fortunately puking is just heaving. After 1 month they removed the stent. However, my drain tube found its way to the leak hole and went through so the whole month was wasted. Since then I have had Upper GI's weekly to track my progress. I have lost 31 since surgery but the feeding tube has given me a lot of extra calories for healing. I am so anxious to be tube free and able to lift a laundry basket if I want to. Last week my Upper GI showed no leak. I now only have to be on the feeding tube at night and I am now able to drink liquids. It has been a very rough time. I have not had anything by mouth since December 6th. In a way it is like I had surgery last week. I just got to start a clear liquid diet. People keep asking me if I would do it again. I tell them I can't answer that yet. Give me a year. I am so excited for the summer to do so many active things with my kids.
  17. <Jeff>
    <Jeff>
    I had my sleeve surgery on november 27th and i did ok for the first month. December 22nd went to the er and found out i had abscesses on my incision line as well as a perforation. i spent 2 weeks in the hospital and had 2 more surgeries to correct the problem. I was also given a pic line in my arm and was given nutrients through that for a week. I am glad to say that i am finally doing much better and went from 245 down to 167!!
  18. KimC
    KimC
    Hi Everyone, Congrats on the weight loss! Can't believe its been three months already. I had my surgery on November 30th. On the surgery date, I weighed 206. I went to my doctors yesterday, I weigh 168. I can not believe I lost 38 lbs so far. I can not tolerate breads or milk at this time. I went from a size 20 to a size 11. I am so proud of my weight loss. I actually had a co worker who asked me if I lost enough weight yet, I'm thinking she is jealous. My ultimate goal is 150 so if I lose any more then that then its a bonus!.
  19. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Here's my progress so far. Slow, but steady:

Victoria Wilson's Progress Overview
    Your name: Victoria Wilson
    Date: Monday, November 12, 2012
    Today: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
    Expected Target: Monday, May 27, 2013
    Days post VSG: 113 Days left: 76 Progress: 54%
    Starting Weight: 215.0 lbs. Pounds to Date: -43.2 lbs. Current Weight: 171.8 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 135.0 lbs. Pounds to Goal: 36.8 lbs. Height (in.) 67"
    Total Goal: -80.0 lbs. Avg. Daily Chng: -0.5 lbs. Current BMI: 26.9
    Starting Fat % 48.8% All-time high lbs: 215.0 lbs. All-time low lbs: 171.8 lbs.
    Current Fat % 40.2% All-time high fat %: 48.8% All-time low fat %: 40.2%
    Current Fat lbs. 69.1 lbs. Current fat lbs. lost: 35.9 lbs. Total Inches Lost -38.7"
  20. ~Fawn
    ~Fawn
    I started my journey at 187, was down to 242 I think right before surgery. I am down to 160. and my goal is 140. I am 3 1/2 months out and am feeling great! non of my current clothes fit, but I saved my old clothes and am back into a 12! I was sleeved on November 27th 2012.

122 pound weight loss, and 48+ inches everywhere, and I havee not yet begun to work out due to illnesses since surgery...I start working out this week!