Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Incision Infections?

1. Myturn!
    Myturn!
    Hi Dr. Quinones Group!
    I have been reading other posts in other doctor groups and a lot of Almanza's patients seem to have had incision infections. I was wondering if any of you had had them?
  2. zmdh39
    No, I actually had my son jump on my stomach right after I removed my stitches, and bust my largest incision back open. I was terrified that it was going to get infected. It developed this like white film over it, which I had checked out by a local doctor, as well as sent photos to Dr. Q. Dr. Q was right on top of it, and explained to me in great detail that it was not infection, and even checked up on me for a few weeks after to make sure everything was going well. Lol, he actually responded quicker than my PCP to let me know that what I was seeing was not an infection, which I thought was really great of him to do. My incisions healed up beautifully, even the one that my son busted open. I have a video on youtube that shows them, I want to say I had made it 2 moths post op, if you want to check it out. 8 weeks or 2 months Post-op Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Dr. Sergio Quinones...My Scars - YouTube
  3. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I didn't have any. I kept forgetting I had surgery and would scratch at my incisions especially the drain plug. I also put triple antibiotic ointment on them as they healed and I kept my hands really clean.
  4. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    nope.. mine were healed with in a few days seriously it was scabbed and healing in three days post op.. they were tender for about two weeks..
  5. Myturn!
    Myturn!
    Yay! Thank you that is what I want to hear, that I have chosen the right doctor. Now to find the money!
  6. lindmar
    lindmar
    No infections for me either. And I took my own stitches out on day 7. Everything looks great now!
  7. Savagels650
    Savagels650
    Mine look very excellent! I actually don't think I need the bandaids, but the granddaughters had a lovely time putting purple, lime green, and blue medicated bandaids on my tummy owies. They were so sweet!
  8. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    Hi guys, I have a question did it hurt to take the drenage out???? Im going crazy thinking about it.
  9. Cjp17
    Cjp17
    No it didn't hurt
  10. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    No the area is still fairly numb for a few days.. No pain..