Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I hear ya

1. gonnadoit
    gonnadoit
    I completely understand what you are saying. I am 5'9" and current weight is 275, down from 300. Doc wants me at 160, I don;t think I have ever weighed 160. I am big boned and built like a tackle. My husband who is a smaller man is 5'8" and weighs 160 no way I will ever be that thin. Thin is not what I want. Healthy is. I walk up to 2 miles daily now, started in Feb. Want to be able to get off the majority of meds I take, (heart, cholesterol, gerd, anti-depressant). Am jumping thru the hoops insurance requires then I discover my husband is going to take his disability July 05, 2011.
  2. gonnadoit
    gonnadoit
    SORRY HAD IT MAKE 2 POSTS This we have planned on but when he finally made up his mind and arbitrarily threw the date out there he didn;t realize it was so close to my being approved by insurance, we both freaked. My husband is my age 58 and has had Parkinson's for over 10 years. It is time for him but so close for me. Am scared but still doing all I can to help myself. Food is not such a chore at the present but I think I should be losing more than I am. I am b/n 1000-1200 calories per day and not finding it too too difficult. But I need to do more than walk. aNY iDEAS?