Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Post Op

1. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    So I got one more week to go and I live 2 hours from the nearest shopping center so Im wondering if the post op diet needs anything special i have to buy or is it the exact as the preop?
  2. DragonsLoard
    This is straight from Dr Quinones Post-Op Diet he will give you when he discharges you.
    Liquid Diet: Week 1- You will be on a liquid diet for the first week after surgery. This diet includes all foods that are liquid at room temperature. Foods allowed during this diet include: Low fat ricotta cheese, Low fat cottage cheese, Sugar-free gelatin (e.g. Jell-o), Sugar-free Popsicles, Sugar-free Fruit drinks, Sugar-free Pudding, Sugar-free Sherbet, Decaffeinated coffee, Decaffeinated tea, 1% or skim milk , Protein supplements (three times a day, in-between meals), Broth, Low-fat/light yogurt (try plain Greek yogurt for more protein) and WATER!!!!!
  3. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Thanks this is great to know! Eleanor Rose I will be there on Friday!
  4. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    Omg this sounds soooooooooooo hard uhfff
  5. lindmar
    lindmar
    Dunamys - it's not so bad! Personally I didn't feel much like eating first week postop anyway and when. You do eat there just isn't much room bec of swelling. And skinny is going tobe so worth it!!!
  6. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    Lindmar...yeah thats true after surgery I might not even want to eat but u know I think of it like now not after surgery. I have a questions did any of you guys actually did the 2 wks liquid before surgery.??????
  7. DragonsLoard
    Dunamys- I did the 2 weeks pre-op diet and I think it helps.
  8. ilovela
    ilovela
    Hi everyone I was looking to book with this Dr. but I dont want to use a coordinator, does anyone have a contact number for him?
  9. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    The # I have is for Henry the coordinator.
  10. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    DragonsLoard.......Im also traveling from Miami and I would like to know what is the best option going straigh or stopping somewhere else.?
  11. DragonsLoard
    Dunamys- I sent you a message.
  12. lindmar
    lindmar
    Hi again Dunamys - I did 12 days on the preop (I decided to celebrate my birthday before starting, so started 2 days late). I think what helped me was that I had a good supply of "approved" foods and just kept eating about every 2 hours. Even though the list is VERY limited, just being able to put something in my mouth helped Also kept telling myself...just a few more days....don't mess up your surgery....you are going to FINALLY lose weight instead of gain. Dr. Q told me after the surgery that my liver was "huge" despite the diet, so I'm really glad I stuck to it as well as I could. Would have hated to wake up from surgery to find out he couldn't do it!!! That would have been tragic! So just do your best & it will soon be all over.
  13. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    Thanks Stacy....I cant believe how much Im looking towards cottage cheese....it has texture
  14. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    I have b een doing the soft diet, rather then the strict 1st week post op. and I have lost 3 pounds! I am really escited (yes, I am nervous as well) about Friday, it is hard to realize Friday I will fly to San Diago, go to Mexico, and be sleeved the same day!
    All the best, Eleanor Rose