Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre Diet

1. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Starting on Monday I start the pre diet. I am concern about it, after all if I cold eat like that I would not need the operation. How did the rest of you handle it? Any tips or tricks? i would appericate any information, any help.

Thanks,

Eleanor Rose
  2. ashlie
    ashlie
    I haven't really been having a problem so far. Or been hungry for the most part, just having trouble making sure I get all my water in. I'm on my first week so I know next week will be harder.
  3. Savagels650
    Savagels650
    Eleanorrose, Here's what my day sort of looked like - and I lost 12# on this diet. I packed for a 12 hr. day at work. 22 oz. milk, 22 oz. juice, 1 serv. Oikos plain greek yogurt, 2-3 sclices hard cheese, 1 serv. protein powder,to mix at work, a premixed tomato or cr. of chicken soup, and as many 16 oz. cups of water that I could drink. I tried to drink at least half a glass of water before getting anything out of the lunch bucket. Usually I would have the cheese at my 8 o'clock break, milk and juice at 10, yogurt, milk and water for lunch, protien supp. at 2:30, and finish off milk, juice, more water at 4:30. It was not convenient to use the microwave so I rarely ate the soup, so I had a tasty, warm treat to go home and eat. I drank as much milk and juice as I wanted in the evening whenever water still left me 'needing' something. I hope this helps.
  4. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Thank You everyone for your advise, it has been helpful and encourging. How many of you had oatmeal or farinia, plus applesauce or can fruit?

Thank You, Eleanor Rose
  5. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    Im on the preop today as well.....my hard time comes when i get home from work. My pre-op says no oatmeal in big caps letters or gum or pepper or alcohlo....sigh!
  6. Jedi
    Jedi
    The entire purpose of the diet is to reduce your fatty liver....

It is reccomended that you take 3 Ensure protein drinks per day to keep up vitamins and minerals

great job on the diet....

Henry
  7. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    Thank You Henry, I am doing Herbalife shakes, trying to avoid all meat, sugar, pasta, and starch (including my beloved Italian bread I am eating applesauce, I was going to eat oatmeal but I read no oat meal??? So sad. Can I eat low calorie soups? Green teas, low fat yogurts. Any other suggestions? Thank You, Eleanor Rose
  8. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    My friend had a gastri bypass and she only had to do the liquid diet for 3 days before the surgery that that surgery is bigger than the sleeve ...now why do I have to be in the diet for 2 wks I feel thats unfair to me cause I work almost 2 hours away and the trafic here in Miami is horrible pls I work wih patients and I need to be focuss and been in a liquit diet i dont think thats going to happen.... Has anyone done only a couple of days instead of the 2 wks???
  9. NewLife4Me
    NewLife4Me
    I was only able to do 3-4 days because I made the surgery date 3 days before the surgery day. The Dr. did tell me that my liver was very big so I don't know if I would recommend you shipping the 2 week diet. Everything did turn out good for me I am healing well and have been losing pretty good.
  10. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    I've been trying to follow the pre-op diet to the t just as instructed on the forms we got. So I am drinking ONLY low-fat/low-carb Protein shakes with skim milk, and eating fat-free greek Yougurt, and enjoying a little bit of sugar free jello here and there. Doing this diet as instructed depleats the fat deposits in the liver, therefore shrinking it in size. I'm on my second week and doing just fine, lost weight and not even hungry. Other people can do what they want but I want my surgery as safe as possible!
  11. DragonsLoard
    I agree Olga1o1 I did the full 2 weeks also!
  12. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    Im on my second week....following to a t....anything to reduce my risk