Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Need some Honest opinions to help build a site for Dr. Quinones

1. zmdh39
    Hi guys, ever since my surgery I have gotten a lot of inquiries about Dr. Quinones, and the vast majority of those people have mentioned that when they went to his site they were either, unimpress with the web presence, thought it looked a little sketchy, or that it was uninformative to them. So, I need some advice from you guys on what you would have like to have seen on your surgeon's website, what kind of information you would like to find, things you would have liked to seen, or features...so please send all your ideas so that I can we can help other people out there realize what a great doctor Quinones is. Thanks!
  2. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I am going through my emails and phone calls will just mention things said to me.
    I think he needs a FAQ section, People ask me mainly about where the hotel is, before and after pictures of his patients. I asked him about his he said many people get surgery and keep going. I think we all should try to make an effort to send some photos in once we lose the weight. You should mention he is the chief surgeon at the state hospital, His office is at Angels Hospital, He is one of 10 Bariatric Elite Surgeons who can do Surgeries at Angels. The link to the hotel Hotel Real del Río Tijuana. Also mention he does a discount for people with a gastricsleeve, verticalsleeve, or obesityhelp referral (will need their screen name). You will need to mention he has preformed over 1k surgeries. Also for the gastric sleeve procedure you will need to mention not only does he staple our stomachs shut he also sews it and then he dermabonds the incisions and does an internal stitch in the inside. Then the leak test is done dye test. I suggested Dr.Quinones has a "about me page," he did his residency at UCSD. Here in San Diego that means a lot to have your done your residency there. It is a GREAT HOSPITAL I MEAN GREAT. He also use to work with Dr.Ponce de Leon before he ventured into his own practice. I also posted the link in this group for Santa Fe, it is a youtube.com. Also maybe we can get him to edit a procedure and post it on the page so people can see him do the surgery. I get a lot of questions about the length of the hospital stay. Also many questions about the staff speaking English. I don't care if you want you can have a section for referrals and post my name and number with my before an after picture on here. Oh and people ask about my personal procedure as well so if you can do a review page that would be great then how you, me and others posted our overall experience then we can post it on that page. I love Virginia's (germensano) post. Even if you don't do that even a link to our postings on here would be great!! The deposit thing is HUGE too people ask me about that. I guess a brief you pay the deposit 90 days or more at 500 and 90 days or less 1k. Also mention he doesn't do no more than 4 but if necessary 5 surgeries a day. There is more but I don't want to overwhelm you lol
  3. Tracie_t
    Tracie_t
    I just think that he needs better pictures on his webite. when I went on there I was like oh no until I talk to phoenix. Yes his website needs to be updated
  4. Tracie_t
    Tracie_t
    I just think that he needs better pictures on his webite. when I went on there I was like oh no until I talk to phoenix. Yes his website needs to be updated. But I love him anyway
  5. Tracie_t
    Tracie_t
    I just think that he needs better pictures on his webite. when I went on there I was like oh no until I talk to phoenix. Yes his website needs to be updated. But I love him anyway. Yea i dont care about my pictures either but I want my pics up the day i got the suregery, 6 months out and a year out. I stayed at Hotel rel del rio and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
  6. Tracie_t
    Tracie_t
    I just think that he needs better pictures on his webite. when I went on there I was like oh no until I talk to phoenix. Yes his website needs to be updated. But I love him anyway. Yea i dont care about my pictures either but I want my pics up the day i got the suregery, 6 months out and a year out. I stayed at Hotel rel del rio and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
  7. judy79
    judy79
    Thats so great you are gonna build him a website
  8. judy79
    judy79
  9. judy79
    judy79
  10. judy79
    judy79
  11. jammy
    jammy
    Phoenix, wow, those are great suggestions. The more info the better. You also put me at ease with my surgery before I had it. Thanks for that! I would be glad to be a referral well!
  12. judy79
    judy79
    I had my Tubal reversal with Dr. Perez in Mexico and one thing I did like was his website, he hd over 10 years of Testimonials with pregnancies, lost pregnancies, and babies and even pictures and bate of birth and birthweight of the babies. I think it6 was the testimonials page that sold me. I read it for days. To see a finished result is great. I would also mention what is included in his rate, including hotel is a money saver for sure. Either way the TR was a completely different surgery, but if you would like to see how the website testimonial page is set up it might give some ideas. I love how its by month, date and year and in order. The site is Tubal Reversals by Dr. Roberto Perez
  13. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink
    I think all of the things that Phoenixrise said.

Also, I am a visual person. So, I want to see the hospital from the outside. The street. The inside of the clinic when you walk in. Where the surgery is done. What my room will look like. What my bathroom will look like. What my hotel will look like from the outside, lobby, room. That way, people who have never been to Mexico will see what it looks like and they are not picturing a desolate desert or sketchy people standing on the street corner. Because honestly, all the photos I saw made me feel SO MUCH better! And girl, I can't be the only person who thinks that way!
  14. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink

Also, I am a visual person. So, I want to see the hospital from the outside. The street. The inside of the clinic when you walk in. Where the surgery is done. What my room will look like. What my bathroom will look like. What my hotel will look like from the outside, lobby, room. That way, people who have never been to Mexico will see what it looks like and they are not picturing a desolate desert or sketchy people standing on the street corner. Because honestly, all the photos I saw made me feel SO MUCH better! And girl, I can't be the only person who thinks that way!
  15. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink

16. judy79
    judy79
    I was thinking the same Platinum! I wanna see where I'll be for those few days. I remember before my last surgery I always heard there was a cross above the door in the OR, and when I went in I looked for the cross and felt peace looking at it. But I was already familiar with it. Give a visual and let people know what to expect is great!
  17. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    I haven't had my surgery yet but I agree with Judy. I too am a patient of Dr. Perez. Going to Mexico for surgery was a scary thought, but his website is amazing. He had a brief video of the hospital and staff. Like Judy mentioned there is a testimonials page. They even have a forum on the site for patients and future patients. It's a great support system and very reassuring.
  18. judy79
    judy79
    Yes, I spent hours a day reading the testimonies. To me that was the deciding factor for sure! Their was a email address for patients to email their stories too, and the website coordinater would put it under your name. This way, it was completely up to the patient if they wanted their story told. And it was in correct order from the date they had their surgery. I think it went back 10 years, probably more now lol. That was tons of great reading!
  19. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    my hotel room was pretty bad. I took photos because I couldnt believe it. its a nice hotel with I suspect a lazy cleaning staff. if I werent tired and alone I would have requested a new room. reason im saying this is because others would not appreciate this either. so I wouldnt upsale hotel on the website. I think alot of people wonder about the border situation. getting picked up and by whom and passport vs birth certificate.. also a what to bring during your stay. mention they could have a companion for free.. but they need to bring entertainment and there is a good internet signal. I saw a really good website the other day. they had a section titled What to expect during your stay. it started out saying when you arrive you will have blood drawn and surgery prep. then states afterwards how the staff checks on you 24 7 for the next two days. having you walk and shower. people are responsible for their own soap shampoo and toothpaste. then they had another section titled .. release day. and it states what the doctor does and what he sends you home with. ill try to find it. this was a US surgery center site..so maybe titled sections like that would be helpful. and another one would be.. out of towners. lol and mention the airport and the name of the hotel which you can link the site for trip advisor so they can see the good reviews. my drivers were not the same ones others used so you could say they ha,w a staff of transporters they use that go from hospital to hospital all day...I know Henry is working on the pics for the doc making sure he gets pics to show patients. so I'm sure he will have many for the site... and that stuff Phoenix mentioned was awesome.. but I think dr almanza and some other docs pay patients to come back at an annual thing to get video and testimonials and a short vacay... thats because they are trying to build and get more busier.. and it worked for them.. I know dr Q.v.. he's a busy guy and said he couldn't possibly get any busier.. so maybe they have no interest in building it up.. but getting information out there is something that he needs to have available..
  20. judy79
    judy79
    Gemini, I would bring that point to Henry. They pay for those rooms for their patients, and I'm sure they would get it straight with the hotel! I know its something I'll look out for! Thanks girlie!!!
  21. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    I thought about it around they same time that bypass thief disaster hit. I thought id just let it go since others on here seemed to be pleased with their stay. I figured I got a fluke room. well if anyone else stays in room 101. let us know. it had a giant hole in they wall. let us know because I wondered if we all get them same room. lol.. it would never stop me from getting this surgery from dr q. I would just skip it and go home if I had to do it over again...
  22. judy79
    judy79
    The Dr pays for those rooms, I think they definately should know. IMO they got jipped if the rooms are up to certain standards!!!
  23. lindmar
    lindmar
    Another area that could use some help....Henry's emails. Most of the information is there, but he could use someone to spiff them up for him btw I've pretty much decided to get my sleeve with Dr. Q in January. Just waiting to firm up the details.
  24. lindmar
    lindmar
    And can someone tell me why I can't seem to change my profile to say "I have NOT had GS". It won't save the change for some reason.
  25. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    I'll agee with that. The email I relieved that gave info about cost and so forth was repetive and kinda conflictual. I was left a bit confused.
  26. DragonsLoard
    lindmar if you find out how to make the "I have NOT had GS" on your profile, PLEASE let me know. I've been trying to change it for a week now
  27. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Click on your name. A set of tabs at the top will appear. Click on the "About Me" tab and the first ? Is sleeves or not. Click on it and you can change it.
  28. DragonsLoard
    Thank you Flutrby429!!!!!
  29. judy79
    judy79
    What is that website of Dr. Q again?
  30. ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet
    It would be awesome if there were other options to pay on his website. (I mean other than paying the deposits & the entire remaining balance) I mean if we could just click on his website to make $1,000 payments would be awesome. Some of us have limits as to what we can pay thru paypal & if we could make smaller payments other than the entire balance due until our surgery date would be great!
  31. ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet
    Oh and for some of us who are using a credit card that is not linked to paypal....if there was a link to do that would be great too
  32. cpaliz1
    cpaliz1
  33. cpaliz1
    cpaliz1
    weightlosswithsurgery.com
  34. zmdh39
    @ItCldBeSweet, your credit card doesn't have to be connected to a paypal account to be able to pay. Also, the buttons for the $500, and $1000 deposit payments, those can be used to pay towards the surgery in 500 or 1000 dollar increments, it is only labeled deposit so that people knew to pay the deposits with that option, so if you choose to used them as a payment plan, it will all be labeled and tracked to you accordingly. As for having the potion to pay in various dollar amounts that aren't 500 and 1000, that is an option that I can easily build out. However, to do so I would need Henry to provide me with somethings in order to make it possible. If it is something that you guys are interested in, I would be happy to put that into place...it was a suggestion that I had made myself when i first started building the site. But as you all know Henry is a busy man, so I try to let him do his job without too much interruption from me on my end, if he has any site changes like that that he would like to put in place, he knows how to reach me. The next time I talk to him, I will bring it up again, and see if we can help make the payment options friendlier for all of you wonderful people. Thanks for the suggestions!
  35. ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet
    Thank you! That is good to know!
  36. Jedi
    Jedi
    Im open to all suggestions and all for providing better service to everyone.......

Call me when you can Mel.....

Henry
  37. zmdh39
    Hey Henry, if you read this give me a call, I have got my staff on standby ready to update you shopping cart, to make it more user friendly. I would have texted this message to ya, but my kid has hidden my cell somewhere in my house lol.