Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Where are you all at now?

1. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    Hi fellow Alabamians...Just wanted to kind of get an update from everyone and see how ya'll are doing.

I was sleeved on Feb. 4, 2013. It went well. I have lost almost 30 lbs (pre-sleeve and post-sleeve). No pain, a little gas in the first week or so, but I am having a bout with trying to control this acid reflux. It's not a fun thing to deal with.

So, how was your procedure, or when is it scheduled? What's your journey been like so far?

I really want to hear from other Alabamians...We should try to do a meet-up this summer sometime. I think it would be fun.
  2. beachbum
    beachbum
    Girl, I have wanted to talk to you !! I am scheduled March 25th, with the same group that you used. I went to my first support group meeting Feb 16th. That scared me a little, lol. I am bouncing back and forth with excitement and fear. Gut wrenching fear. I have to start the liquids on the 18th. Somehow gotta kick this dt dew habit.

I am so glad you are feeling better. What does the reflux feel like? I know I had terrible heartburn with my first pregnancy but other than that I don't have a problem. My daughter had reflux for about her first year. She was pitiful. I could hear it gurgling in her throat  Hope that you can soon get some relief from that. . .

I would love to hear all about your experience, hospital stuff and everything.
  3. Lots2Love
    Lots2Love
    Checking in from North Alabama...I had surgery on April 25, 2012 with Dr. Miles at St. Vincent's East in B'Ham. I started out at 243 and reached my goal of 155 about a month ago. Currently my weight varies from 148-150, and I'm trying to maintain at this point. My surgery went extremely well, I was very happy with my surgeon and the hospital's bariatric program. This was the best thing I've ever done for myself and would do it again in a heartbeat...just wish I had done it years ago!!
  4. toplessntn
    toplessntn
    Hey Everyone, I am scheduled for March 7th in Mexico! I am sooooo ready for this chapter of my life to begin and we can shut the old book altogether! Have bought lost of different protein "things"...from shots to mixes....every flavor of broth and jello they sell I think! Even have the chewable vitamins ready to go! Just wish my personal life was so on track But hey.......this is ALL for ME!!!!