Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting discouraged!!!!!!!

1. AMBERMARINO79
    AMBERMARINO79
    My name is amber i just had the sleeve done on feb 1 2013 3 years ago almost to the date i had the lapband it didnt work for me i only lost a little bit then and i fluctuated so much with my weight...... In the end i had a whole in it so i removed it and had this it has been 3 wks and i only have lost 20lbs, how much of you people lost? And timeframe would be helpful...... I think my mind is just telling me that its not going to work for me....... And so forth.... Please help.......
  2. shrinkinggirl
    shrinkinggirl
    Each person loses at a different rate. I am 7 months out and I have lost 85lbs. You cannot compare your journey to others and expect it to be the same, so the best advice I can give you is to get your protein in, drink as much water as you possibly can (I drink 100+ oz) and do something active every day! I run 3 miles a day plus weight training but you don't HAVE to do that- you just have to move your body, take a walk, dance, anything at all but SOMETHING. If you eat well, get your fluids, and stay active you will lose at exactly the right pace for your body.
  3. bluiz77
    bluiz77
    3 weeks and 20 pounds is awesome! I have not had surgery yet but it sounds like you are being a bit harsh on yourself! It sounds by a lot of post people hit a stall at about 3 weeks and 3months I would not worry about the number to much maybe measure yourself. Good luck!
  4. Elbie
    Elbie
    Yup, I agree. It takes time for the weight to come off, but 20lbs in 3 weeks is way above average. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that this is a process, not an overnight miracle. It takes time. But in the meantime you should feel totally proud of yourself for losing 20lbs in 3 weeks!
  5. yourstrulycate
    yourstrulycate
    Twenty pounds in three weeks is incredible. I am not sure what about that is disappointing to you? That's a loss of over five pounds per week. I think the average is somewhere around two pounds per week, but of course that depends on each person- their level of fitness, how much they're consuming, etc. Just know that you are RIGHT ON TRACK and you should be PROUD of yourself! (((hugs)))
  6. Babygm117
    Babygm117
    I'm proud of you Amber! I can't wait to say I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks! That sounds great!
  7. Lissy
    Lissy
    I'm at 17 days and 23lbs but I think that's above average so I'm expecting it to slow down soon. Remember this weight didnt come on overnight and won't come off overnight. Cheers
  8. lisa1029
    lisa1029
    Take one day at a time... one thing I'm learning really fast is that the emotional issues/bad eatting habits took years and years so it's not going to go away at one time.. but defintely keep positive!!
  9. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    You should also look at inches. There are days when even though the scale hasn't changed I'm able to fit in closed that I couldn't wear. Congrats on 20lbs
  10. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    Clothes
  11. alotofbabyweight
    alotofbabyweight
    I had my surgery the same day as you and Im feeling the same way. The weight was flying off and now it stopped flying off; I am kinda stuck. I at this site at 4am trying to figure what is going wrong... :-(
  12. Texas Girl
    Texas Girl
    I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and down 17 lbs, so I wouldn't feel so discouraged if I were you! I am not discouraged with my loss, as that is averaging close to 3 lbs a week! Where else could I lose almost 3 lbs a week? If I lose 10 lbs/month, I'll be ecstatic!
  13. AMBERMARINO79
    AMBERMARINO79
    Thank you everyone for all your support, i lost another pound yay!!!! Alot of your comments helped me out...... I really think it was just because the lapband didnt work.......you guys are great thanks again ........
  14. dmgriffith92
    dmgriffith92
    I also believe we cannot compare our bodies loss of wheight do to everyone being differnt heights and differnt wheights. Just do the best you can. Do you have fittness pal yet. I noticed from many posts that people that have this app. Lose the most since the app is free and it will work on any device you own phone ipad ipod andriods home computer. It counts your food intake calories, what you burn with excrise, messurements and other things. If you already have it and your logging then ur doing everything you can. Kee up the good work:-)
  15. Tkvlandette
    Tkvlandette
    My surgery was the 4th, so yesterday was 3 weeks out. I lost 26 lbs in the first 2 weeks and last week, nothing. I'm not worried. I know this is just a stall. Your body has to adjust to what it is going through. In that period, it will hang on to everything it can. Like Shrinkinggirl said, as long as you get your protein and water in, and stay active, the weight will work itself out. Stay positive and do the work!! You'll get there!