Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

new on site

1. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    HI ladies-
    I'm at the end of my testing for the surgery and the nurse has asked me a couple times if I have ever been diagnosed with PCOS? I had inquired several times years ago to my doctors and they poo-poo'd me away. Doing some research about it to find out I have basically all of the symptoms!! Geeze- I have always had regular but painful cycles, but the last 2yrs I have had cysts and wacky periods. I now haven't had one in a few months. What do they do to test you for it? Curious. Any suggestions? Also worried that from what I hear even with the surgery its extremely hard to take the weight off. Lord knows I have tried over the years-even working with doctors and hardly no weight comes off. Thanks girls.
  2. Veronica_Lennon
    Veronica_Lennon
    I have PCOS and I've lost 112 pounds. It depends on your body. Don't get discouraged
  3. Hollylouya
    Hollylouya
    Usually you get sent to an endocrinologist. They do extensive bloodwork. Frequently looking for elevated levels of testosterone. At least that is what I remember. Everyone's symptoms are different. I just had my 6 month surgiversary, have had PCOS for years now and i have lost over 60lbs! The good thing about PCOS is that the sooner you weight is in order the less your symptoms of PCOS are in effect. It's a vicious cicrle but one this surgery can help! Good luck to you on this journey!
  4. txbluebonnet
    txbluebonnet
    They did an ultra sound on me and found a lot of cysts. I also had all the typical symptoms. But the ultra sound is what the used to give me the actual diagnosis.
  5. lakegirl
    lakegirl
    Thanks girls for the info and inspiration!