Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

smoking

1. vembraleigh
    vembraleigh
    i have smoked since i was about 14 or 15 years old and i have stopped so that i could have my surgery my last day to smoke was dec 16th i know i have gained at least 10 lbs but i am not having my surgery til March 25th so i guess my ? is has anyone else went thu this because this is so hard
  2. Honey Bee
    Honey Bee
    Yes, it is VERY hard! I chewed a lot of gum (sometimes a whole pack within minutes) and I am not normally a gum chewer. You have already gone 30 days which is awesome! It will get better with time, believe me! I still crave it but not like I used to and I can just put it out of my head much more easily now. I quit Thanksgiving weekend and am so glad that I am no longer a smoker. I've put on some weight due to quitting smoking but I don't care because I am already healthier and will be losing the extra weight in no time so its worth it. Good luck! You can do it!
  3. vembraleigh
    vembraleigh
    thank you i am really hoping that since by the time i have my surgery that the really bad craving will have done left me because i am eating like crazy but i really cant wait to do this
  4. colloquial
    colloquial
    I used to be a smoker, but quit 11 years ago now. The patch was my best friend. Pretty sure I would have failed without it. I was able to break the psychological connection and the oral fixation while still getting the nicotine. 6 weeks later, I went off the patch. I was a bit b$&@hy for a few days ( and constipated, frankly) but was able to break the nicotine cravings with little to no struggle. YMMV.
  5. vembraleigh
    vembraleigh
    thank you
  6. ibcopperfire67
    ibcopperfire67
    You got this!!!!! Quit two years ago with the help of Chantix. I gained over 20 pounds but I did it!!!!! My doctor said "cigs first....then we will deal with the weight"....... So now I'm dealing with the weight. Haha keep up the good work my fellow NON SMOKER