Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

First 2 Weeks After Surgery

1. jwagner68
    jwagner68
    Liquids are great to a point and I just keep reminding myself that this has been a loooooong time goal of mine, having this procedure, but OMG people what the hell was I thinking walking into a movie theather????? Really, I don't feel hungry at all. I only drink my protien because I know my body must be needing it (or eat my jello in the morn). ""I miss foods"", says the fat lady happy to be droping lbs like crazy. Is it crazy to be looking forward to figuring out what baby mush might taste good??? A little maybe, lol...
  2. robin34
    robin34
    This is the hardest time you will go through. Head hunger was crazy at that time!!! I was sleeved on 6/29 and on the 4th of July I was dreaming of BBQ ribs! : ) It really does get better. First 5 weeks was the hardest but it gets easier everyday! I did, however, stay out of places like that for a while.
  3. robin34
    robin34
    This is the hardest time you will go through. Head hunger was crazy at that time!!! I was sleeved on 6/29 and on the 4th of July I was dreaming of BBQ ribs! : ) It really does get better. First 5 weeks was the hardest but it gets easier everyday! I did, however, stay out of places like that for a while.
  4. Michellelynn1236
    Michellelynn1236
    Hi All,
    I was sleeved on the 17th and so far so good, No hunger at all and I just was moved to puree foods on Friday, so my doc said "soft foods", even meats so I have been experimenting. I boiled some chicken and then mushed with fork, soft not so bad. Had like 15% of the inside of one Turkey croquette and it was ok. I have discovered the meats fill me uup way faster than the liquids, like I can eat 4 or 5 bites and that is it. I think in order to make this a healthy change that you can live with you need to incorporate foods that you can, well live with! It has been hard for me protein wise because most of the powders are making me sick so I am tryingg to get it in through foods via cottage cheese, which I do like, and greek yogurt, Also soups are awesome! I love Pea soup and lentil and I think it is just a metter of makeing protein choices as opposed to restrictive choices? So far I have not been sick and I have not been hungry. Head hunger I am using as a way to plan upcoming meals, it is helpful doing that not actually being hungry so I am just trying the shift, it is like if I tell my mond it is ok to have it it is not as urgent, not sure if that makes sense? SO, still working on proteins and so far at my two week I lost almost 15 pounds. Maybe some do better that first 2 weeks, not sure but I was thrilled at that? Good luck! I hope some of this helps. it is not "expert" advice or anything, just what has been working for me in these first few weeks.
  5. Michellelynn1236
    Michellelynn1236
    Hi All,
    I was sleeved on the 17th and so far so good, No hunger at all and I just was moved to puree foods on Friday, so my doc said "soft foods", even meats so I have been experimenting. I boiled some chicken and then mushed with fork, soft not so bad. Had like 15% of the inside of one Turkey croquette and it was ok. I have discovered the meats fill me up way faster than the liquids, like I can eat 4 or 5 bites and that is it. I think in order to make this a healthy change that you can live with you need to incorporate foods that you can, well live with! It has been hard for me protein wise because most the powders are making me sick so I am trying to get it in through foods via cottage cheese, which I do like, and greek yogurt, Also soups are awesome! I love Pea soup and lentil and I think it is just a matter making protein choices as opposed to restrictive choices? So far I have not been sick and I have not been hungry. Head hunger I am using as a way to plan upcoming meals, it is helpful doing that not actually being hungry so I am just trying the shift, it is like if I tell my mid it is ok to have it it is not as urgent, not sure if that makes sense? SO, still working on proteins and so far at my two week I lost almost 15 pounds. Maybe some do better that first 2 weeks, not sure but I was thrilled at that? Good luck! I hope some of this helps. it is not "expert" advice or anything, just what has been working for me in these first few weeks.
  6. Michellelynn1236
    Michellelynn1236
    Hi All,
    I was sleeved on the 17th and so far so good, No hunger at all and I just was moved to puree foods on Friday, so my doc said "soft foods", even meats so I have been experimenting. I boiled some chicken and then mushed with fork, soft not so bad. Had like 15% of the inside of one Turkey croquette and it was ok. I have discovered the meats fill me up way faster than the liquids, like I can eat 4 or 5 bites and that is it. I think in order to make this a healthy change that you can live with you need to incorporate foods that you can, well live with! It has been hard for me protein wise because most the powders are making me sick so I am trying to get it in through foods via cottage cheese, which I do like, and greek yogurt, Also soups are awesome! I love Pea soup and lentil and I think it is just a matter making protein choices as opposed to restrictive choices? So far I have not been sick and I have not been hungry. Head hunger I am using as a way to plan upcoming meals, it is helpful doing that not actually being hungry so I am just trying the shift, it is like if I tell my mid it is ok to have it it is not as urgent, not sure if that makes sense? SO, still working on proteins and so far at my two week I lost almost 15 pounds. Maybe some do better that first 2 weeks, not sure but I was thrilled at that? Good luck! I hope some of this helps. it is not "expert" advice or anything, just what has been working for me in these first few weeks.
  7. Michellelynn1236
    Michellelynn1236
    sorry I do not know why that showed 3 times and it is not letting me edit so I can remove...
  8. VegasRNmom
    VegasRNmom
    had my first episode of emotional eating. 20 year old came to tell me something as I was just trying to eat my yogurt because I hadn't eaten all day and it was now 10pm unfortunately he was not bringing on a leisurely or happy discussion, two big spoonfuls in my mouth and then I was like..... ughhhhh I think I'm gonna be sick!
  9. jency
    jency
    Hi everyone! I was sleeved on the 26th and am loving it! I also had my crapband removed and am so glad it's gone. I no longer eat in fear of getting stuck! Haha ok I'm not really eating either right now, but still! I'm excited to join this journey with all of you!
  10. jency
    jency
    Hi everyone! I was sleeved on the 26th and am loving it! I also had my crapband removed and am so glad it's gone. I no longer eat in fear of getting stuck! Haha ok I'm not really eating either right now, but still! I'm excited to join this journey with all of you!
  11. ibcopperfire67
    ibcopperfire67
    The first two weeks were the hardest two weeks of my life!!!! I also had a hernia in my esophagus that my surgeon repaired so my pain came from several places. I spit up "foam" for the first two weeks and couldn't keep water down until I realized that a few flavor drops in my water made all the difference!!! Now I'm almost 6 weeks out and finally feel close to normal again. Those first weeks are hard and emotional.......but it WILL get better!!!!