Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Talked to Henry:)

1. judy79
    judy79
    Henry informed me that a leak happens 24-72 hours after surgery, after a couple weeks if has to be an absess. Not saying you are not going through a terrible time Tiffany, but did you ask if it could be something else? Did you follow diet correctly?
  2. ashlie
    ashlie
    So I'm hoping you can clarify something that I have been wondering but didn't want to bring up on the fb page.

Does Dr. Q still do the purple dye drinking leak test? Tiffany said she did it, but then as I was reading other posts people were saying he does two tests during surgery so that purple dye test isn't needed anymore. One of the last girls that just came home posted a brief story about her trip but didn't mention this leak test. Do you know if he is still doing it? Or if we can ask to still have it if it's not done anymore?
  3. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    What's wrong Ashlie ?
  4. ashlie
    ashlie
    Just looking for some answers
  5. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    All good questions! I am wondering the same thing and don't know who to listen to and who to believe!
  6. zmdh39
    The leak tests that he performs are: During the surgery he will fill the pouch with air to test for leaks before closing and the second one is done the day you get ready to leave the hospital. The nurses will give you a purple liquid...it tastes like water, after you drink it they will check to see if the purple liquid shows up in your drain, if it does not, you are good to go and will be discharged. Leaks are a possible complication from the surgery, statistically they happen to every surgeon at some point in time. I hope that Tiffany is on the way to recovery, I will be praying for her.
  7. Savagels650
    Savagels650
    It is possible that he does the purple dye as well before he closes. I had that purple dye on my face from my mouth after surgery. And I took the dye before he removed the drain and dismissed me.
  8. DragonsLoard
    From what I was told my first leak test was done durning surgery. Then on the day I was getting discharged around 4 am I was given the purple dye to drink by one of the nurses. About 5 hours later Dr Q checked my drain tube for any purple dye before removing it...
  9. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    had my surgery in nov. from the docs mouth.. he does two tests during surgery.. dont know which type.. then two days later minutes before discharge you get about a quarter cup of some nasty purple chemical.. i had to use a gas strip on tongue to be able to mask flavor.. then i was given an apple juice in which i was told to dilute with water cause the sugar is too strong..i drank a few sips and got sweaty.. then one hr later i was in my hotel room.. one hr later i ordered room service and drank orange juice and sipped veggy soup broth.. throughout the rest of that night i sipped the broth.. even cold.. after all night i managed to get down 1/8 cup of it.. he may change techniques for different types of surgeries.. but im pretty sure i have read on many many forums and u tube videos.. that leaks happen as far as six months out. i absolutely do not agree that they only happen the first few days.. i know i have read and read and read some more... so its pretty clear .. risk of a leak is over by the six month mark! obviously the risk is higher in the first month.. who is Tiffany? did she have a leak? dr q told me he had never had a leak yet.. it must be his very first!! hope shes ok!!! dr q will take good care of her..