Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New Group

1. BabyDoll
    BabyDoll
    I know this is a fairly new forum but surely there are others that are at or entering the maintenance stage that would like to talk. So, is there anybody else out there on maintenance?
  2. kitsonk
    kitsonk
    Yup... I just hit my target goal and now have to shift into maintenance... Hopefully I don't have to change too much. I have actually put on 3lbs over the past week, but my doctor says I should stay +/- 3lbs of my target weight and I could still lose up to 6 more lbs without worrying if I really wanted to.
  3. BabyDoll
    BabyDoll
    I'm maintaining at 135 but oddly enough, my clothing size is still going down so I guess my body is still adjusting.
  4. cfgsonoma
    cfgsonoma
    Hi,
    I am approx 15 lbs from the goal I want to achieve, although my surgeon thinks that is a bit low. At age 59 I have no illusions that these last 15 lbs will be hardest. So, I feel like I am essentially in a maintenance phase.
    I like to read the blog "The World According to EggFace", as Shelley has great recipes. I am kind of afraid of starting to cook some of her recipes, out of fear my eating would run away with me. I am hungry a lot, and have been since the beginning. I believe, along with my surgeon and therapist, that this is likely not emotional, but physical. I try to stay at about 1,000 cal a day, and exercise 4 days a week at the gym--cardio and weights. I keep myself on a pretty tight leash, and felt that by having eating be relatively boring, it would become just a "fuel for the body" affair, rather than the fuel for my emotions that it has been in the past. I worked with a good therapist for three years prior to having the surgery, and still am seeing her.