Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Wow Im happy for support

1. dmgriffith92
    dmgriffith92
    Family has been a pain in the a-- about this whole thing. I knew they would be that's why I paid for already got plane tickets then told them. My husband found my doctor and we went through the info together. Them we brought our 14 year old in on what we were talking about and he is 100% on board and excited for my up coming sleeve. I was so scared at first leaving the country. Now after being on here and making friends that are there in Mexico now and friends that are home from theirs I'm totally on board and so ready for March 21 to get here so I can be on the plane. Now my two biggest worries are my passport getting here on time and the flabby skin. To bad they don't have insurance or a plan that you can go back and get that all taken care of at a affordable price. I checked price here 2 Grand or more an arm. I'm only worried about my arms and y double chin the rest of me I could care less about. I more in this for the I want to live life not waste it anymore. But I still want to wear sleeveless t shirts and not have a Gobble chin due to only being 34.
  2. Scubagecko
    Scubagecko
    You've got your hubby and little one on your team which is quite a lot actually. the 21st will be here soon enough and your journey continues. Hopefully the rest of your family will get on board once they see the results. Don't focus on the post goal weight mommy makeover needs as you won't know about any of that until much later. Focus on getting healthy you will now have a long life to worry about everything else.
  3. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    I'm so excited for you, looks like you are all set! I am having my surgery just a few days before you, on March 8th in Mx. And as for your passport I don't know when you applied for it, but I got mine just two and a half weeks after I applied! They told me their current turnaround time was 4-6 weeks at the time, so you can imagine how surprised I was! Not sure if maybe putting my surgery date on the application helped put me ahead of the rest of the stack or if that's how quickly they processed all of them. And like you I am VERY concerned about the sagging skin I might have after the weight loss. I have actually had a tummy tuck before eight years ago after losing 80 pds, that was of course before I had two kids and gained even more weight back than I stared with! Needless to say now it's all a waste and I will probably have to do it all over again, along with my arms and boobs (after breastfeeding for 2+ years). But I think if I do the TT again I will do it differently because my last plastic surgeon pulled both my skin and muscles WAY too tight and I was hunched over for over six months and couldn’t feel my stomach muscles, much less USE them for another two or so years....yeah won’t do that part again. But I'm pretty sure that was just this particular doctor. However if you are concerned about the price there are two patient coordinators on there for Mx Plastic surgeons in the same area (and maybe the same clinic) as the WL Surgeons that we are going to. And their prices for “mommy makeovers” are around $6-7K for everything. And probably a lot cheaper if you are doing less work! So I think we are going to be okay! The only thing is for plastics I will definitely go WITH somebody vs. going alone like I am doing for the Sleeve.