Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New Here

1. suddenlyslim
    suddenlyslim
    Hello All,
    My name is SDunn and I live in GA. My surgery is scheduled for the 21st of February. I must admit I am scared, nervous and anxious all at the same time. I have so many thoughts running through my head and I'm scared I may suffer from vomiting and pain. I am currently on a meal replacement diet required by my physician two weeks before the surgery. I must say this is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I've developed a terrible headache and I'm sure it's from not eating like by body is use to. I am trying not to think about eating, but this is hard. Anyone else experience this withdrawl from the pre op diet?
  2. Siddeeqah
    Siddeeqah
    Hey you will not belive I was going thru that and I didnt even get my surgery date I was trying it out on how I would feel and YES i was getting headaches too but like I would drink my slimfast in the am, snack, lunch, tea, water, and then i would eat a lite dinner...and i noticed i was getting them b/c of the portion but i think once you keep doing it, you will adjust and the headaches will go away
  3. HailsandHolls
    HailsandHolls
    Of course you will feel like this now, but after the surgery the part of your stomach that makes u feel hungry is removed, believe me after you don't feel hungry and no headaches. For now pray, persevere and take some Tylenol, remember protein really feels u up. I am 3 weeks post op and I have lost about 20pounds and I am currently on the soft food stage but prefer staying with the liquids for now and as long as I drink my 20 oz/80 gram protein shake plus other water and sugar free ice cream or popsicles I feel fine. You will be fine. I didn't think I would make it to this point either.
  4. kaylov52
    kaylov52
    ok I have to say something everyone keeps saying that the hunger pains go away maybe for some but for me Yes I still have an I am stressing...> hungrrrrr pains I could not just go on liquid diet I was not full until I got the protein powder Now I am on soft foods an I am doing well and you will tooo!!!! Best wishes on your surgery!!!
  5. DETERMINED1
    DETERMINED1
    Hey you guys, heads up! I am eight months out and I have reached my goal weight but believe me the surgery does not totally remove all your hunger pains! I believe that your body goes through an adjustment phase whereas hunger subside but when you are well on your journey like me hunger raises its ugly head once again. Now, of course I cannot eat the portions of food that I once ate but believe me you will get hungry. I just don't want you to think that your hunger will magically disappear.