Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome to this new group

1. Stacey1216
    Stacey1216
    I am 42 years old and a mom of 4 kids ages 21, 19, 5 and 3 (yes I got remarried and started over). Just wanted to introduce myself. I started this group because I know it's really hard to lose weight when we are getting older and I wanted to get the sleeve to keep up with my kids and set a better health example and live longer. I also didn't want too get diabetes since I had gestational diabetes during my last two pregnancies.
  2. jamiejewell
    jamiejewell
    I would like to join your group. I am a 49 year old mother of 3 grown sons and have 8 awesome grandkids. I can't wait to run on the beach with them.
  3. PURPLELACE
    PURPLELACE
    Hi, Can I play too? I am 70 does that count? lol Fought this all my adult life, lost gained and of course more. Had a band and at first it worked great and felt wonderful to be successful, had to remove it (body did not like) having done April 17 and with my experience I feel that it will be the answer. It was the portal that gave me trouble.
  4. PURPLELACE
    PURPLELACE
    PS, I am having a sleeve done April17, don't think I explained that properly in last message.
  5. Bobbye
    Bobbye
    Hi! My name is Bobbye and I am 46 almost 47 and a mother of 4 with 2 grandchildren. Although I have three grown children, I started all over after they were grown and now have an 8 year old at home to keep me busy and was a very important reason for my surgery. (keeping up with her at my age!)
    I am 64 days post-op and have lost 31 lbs. since my surgery. Today I bought my first pair of pants since my surgery and have lost 2 sizes!! So excited and had to share!
  6. overweighttoolong
    overweighttoolong
    Hello I am 43 years old with 3 children (17 year old son with Aspergers, 15 year old son with serious middle child syndrome :-) and a 12 year old daughter who is so very easy going and laid back). I work full time in a local hospital as a physical therapist. I have dealt with weight issuses since I was a pre-teen when my mother would drag me to the local exercise studio to exercise with all of "old" woman (remember I was pre-teen!!) ick!!! I thought the vibrating belt thingy that you strapped around your hips was the coolest thing ever, but I so hated doing those damn "fire hydrant" exercises on all fours! I am nearing the end of the prerequisites, just have appointment with pulmonologist to find out the results of my sleep study, then hopefully I will be able to get a surgery date!!! Oh and an important thing - my husband is doing the sleeve too!!
  7. Louiseadeux
    Louiseadeux
    Hi! I'm new to gastric sleeve family. I'm 64 and I've had my band for four years. Initial weight loss good, but have been at a stand still for 18 months. My band surgeon has suggested a gastric sleeve procedure and I'm moving forward. I'm hoping insurance will pay for it this time.....self-pay for the band....as it is a revision procedure. Fingers crossed!! Hope this gets posted as I'm not sure about all this!!
  8. Sheila
    Sheila
    Hi I am 49, will turn 50 in 29 days! Have 3 grown children and 2 young grandchildren (2 & 4) that I am raising. Am having surgery April 24 and can't wait to be my right size! Can't wait to be able to paint my own toenails and be able to breath regularly after going up the stairs! I really appreciate reading everyone's stories and look forward to your ideas and support. And I also look forward to supporting you all, as well!
  9. BABYGIRL44
    BABYGIRL44
    Lisa I am 44yrs I have 1 daughter and 1 granddaughter. I have been married over 20 yrs. I had the surgery on 03/16/12. One of the best thing I have done with my Life. I the I am on a lot of meds, need something to help me to live longer.
  10. Halo65
    Halo65
    Hi everyone! I am 46 years old (almost 47) and the mother of 3 grown kids, ages 24, 22 and 21. I have struggled with weight every since having kids. In high school, I was the cheerleader....never worried about weight. I have not gone to a class reunion since graduating because I don't want to be that stereo-typical "cheerleader got fat" person. So I have not gone. I wouild like to someday, but not until I can feel comfortable in my own skin. I am in the process of getting all the prerequisites done, but my Dr office is not very good at getting back to me on things so I am kinda unsure where I stand right now. My husband and I are going on a Cruise to Alaska this fall, and he kind of wants me to wait until after that to have the surgery. I am so ready to get started though! I am just hoping this is the right WLS for me!
  11. Laura67
    Laura67
    Hello everyone! I am 45, married for two years. Have two boys, 23 and 16, live in Colorado. I had my surgery last week on the 4th. I feel great and lost 13 pounds already. Best decision I have ever made, wish I could have done this long ago. I have also been overweight since a child. I am looking forward to the next several months and the changes that will be happening. Good luck to you all!
  12. tlwebb
    tlwebb
    Hey Y'all...I'm a 42 year old wife and mom of 3 grown children (all 3 are 22 years old)...I've got 3 grandbabies and they have become the loves of my life...well 3 of them anyway. My hubby and kids are awesome too. I've fought the weight battle for as long as I can remember...I look back on pics from high school (where I was convinced I was super obese) and realized how healthy I was then (size 7!). My sister who was 14 months older was a size 4 so I felt sure I was fat. Anyway, I have spent my entire adult life going from one diet to another...I've lost 100 lbs twice just to gain it all back...I want something permanent and am ready to commit to liquid, protein, 30 min walks, and lots of water. Good luck to all of you...my sleeve is scheduled for 5/14 in Tijuana...can't wait![/COLOR]
  13. Regie
    Regie
    I am 42, married, no children except my dog and hubby, LOL. I have been overweight since I was a pre-teen, have been what is now considered morbidly obese since age 17. I have not taken pics in years, but when hubby gets home, we are taking my pre-op picture (of course w/ make-up). I am officially going to start my weightloss picture diary and journal. Not sure what I will write, may be just inches lost or something to go with the pics. I wish everyone here success.
  14. Nita
    Nita
    Hello everyone, i'm a 48 yr. old mother of 5 and also the proud grandmother of 5 my youngest grandchild lives with me and he is a handful but i wouldnt change anything about the little rascal so thats why I am so glad that the surgeon recommended the surgery. I have had reaccuring hernia surgeries since 1987 and my weight gain was no help. I currently have this huge abdominal hernia which needs to be repaired but the surgeon recommended I lose weight quickly so that he can repair and reconstruct muscle tissue so that I won't continue to get these hernias. I stand at a small 4feet 10inches and for my height 263lbs. is way too much weight to lug around. I can't wait for my surgery day to get here but the closer i get the more nervous I tend to get. I just hope my success is as good as most of those i have been reading about.
  15. bethmn27
    bethmn27
    Hi everyone - I'm new to the group and haven't yet had my surgery, but am scheduling it on Monday. I'm 42 - I have three kids - 23, 21, and 19 years old - all girls who I just adore with all my heart. I have a very supportive husband who loves me for who I am and just wants me to me happy. I started looking into bariatric surgery when everything else I tried just wouldn't work. I've got asthma and allergies and just haven't been able to get any traction with my weight loss. This seemed like a great way to jump start where I want to go - no quick fixes - just a way to begin.
  16. firemomx4
    firemomx4
    Hello all, I'm the mother of 4, two boys and two girls, they are 27,25,17,15 with my youngest being autistic and yes I too started over, a divorce and a new marriage will do that , I'm 50 years old and my husband and I are both doing this journey together on June 26th in Mexico, I'm so much looking forward to this experience. My oldest daughter and my first husband had the surgery done last year together and they both look awesome. Now it's time for my husband and me to start a new and improved life together and I can't wait, wishing it was here already.
  17. grace331969
    grace331969
    Hi everyone! I am a 43 yr old mother of 5 boys (2 that I gave birth to and 3 step sons that I am raising). I am a speech language pathologist working in a preschool setting- I can't wait to be able to keep up with those babies :-). I have battled with my weight most of my life but it has been extremely difficult to loose since I had a hysterectomy in 2002. So glad to have a support group to discuss issues through this new journey. Surgery date is July 4th and quickly approaching.
  18. kiki70
    kiki70
    Hi everyone. I am 41, and th emother of four kids, 16, 14 ( with several learning disabilities), 10, and 5. We are a very active house, and I am not active enough. i have battled weight my whole life....since I was like 6 years old. I want to be able to practice soccer with my daughter and football with my son. Not just be the overweight mom in the stands. I want to participate so I can be around a lot longer than my mom was able to be. Been hiding behind my weight forever. Time to shed the weight and shine.....
  19. Lumpymarshmellow
    Lumpymarshmellow
    Hi! I am 44 years old and the mother of 19 year old triplet girls, 15 year old step-daughter, 13 year old step-daughter and a 12 year old daughter. I am very happily married and my husband supports my decision to have the sleeve. I am in the VERY beginning of starting my journey. My sister had her sleeve surgery 11 months ago and she looks and feels great I want to look and feel great too! I weigh 280+ and I am just tired all the time. I can't walk, I can't tie my shoes..it's just sad. I want to feel great! I go in three days for my seminar! I sure hope my insurance agrees to pay for my surgery!

We just moved from Arizona to Mississippi so I will need to get all my medical records forwarded to my doctor..I just hope it doesn't turn into a year long process! Thanks for all the information..I'll keep you guys updated! I'm so excited!!! My girls are excited, my mom and dad are excited..my husband is excited! My entire family is so ready for me to have this surgery!
  20. Amanda K
    Amanda K
    Hello all,
    My name is Amanda and I live in Sydney, Australia. Just joined as my gastric sleeve op is on 8 August and I seem to qualify for this age bracket as a 1958 baby. Have two sons aged 26 and 24, who thank goodness don't live at home anymore, so an empty nester!!!! But naturally they are gorgeous and single!
    I can't wait to move into this new chapter of life, sick of the old one and want to feel healthy!
    Good luck to all!
  21. 2bubbly
    2bubbly
    Hi there!
    I am a 40 year old mom to 4. I am just beginning the process.
  22. buckeye_girl
    buckeye_girl
    Hello I just turned 40 this year. I am a mother of two (20,18) and soon to be grandmother. Just starting out on this journey even though I've struggled all my adult life with my weight. October can't get here soon enough... 40 is the new 20
  23. NancyN
    NancyN
    Hi, I'm 49, married for 28 years, mother of 3, all over 20, raising a 3 1/2 year old granddaughter. Been battling weight since first baby, would take it off, but a year later would gain it all back. At least when they were small I was semi active playing with them, and when I worked, I was a hairdresser or waitress, so on my feet all day. Past 9 years have been at a desk. I've had some serious intestinal problems, along with some feet problems (plantar fasceitis sp?) vicious cycle, exercise makes feet swell and hurt, can't exercise, get fatter, hernia from surgery acts up, try to exercise, feet or hernia start again. But always hungry, never full. Finally family doctor sent request to insurance, they said YES! Expecting call tomorrow to set up first appointment with surgeon I suppose. I just want to not be hungry, dump some of this fat, and be able to keep up with my granddaughter for the next 15 years. Then still be healthy enough to enjoy retirement for a while.
  24. Julez
    Julez
    Hi, I'm a single mother of 2 girls 21 & 5. I have been overweight all my life and refused to think about surgery when it first came out, I believed I could do it by myself with no such luck and instead gained weight till I was almost 30st. I never wanted to be the fat mum at school but was and now here I am again I found out I had a Cardiomyopathy in Feb 2010 and the diabetes from pregnancy had returned in 2008; it just made trying to lose the weight even harder. I was advised that this would be the best way forward to start improving my health and I need to do this for me, I wont be the fat mum at school but more importantly I want to be there for my children.
  25. beaners
    beaners
    Hi,everyone! glad to be apart of the group. I am 49 years old, married for 30 yrs. and been with my husband for 34 yrs. so far .We have two wonderful boys ages 30 and 27. I am expecting my 1st grandchild on oct.23rd and ' ITS A GIRL'. Here's my story: I gave birth to my children , got fat ,lost the weight, gained it back and then some, lost weight.gained it backetc.etc. you know where i am going with this. I tried everything over the past 27 yrs. and none of them were permant.I want it to be ,i want to play with my grandaughter. starting weight 224 goal weight135,140ish. i am excited,nervous and scared at the same time but it will happen and i will be there!!!!!!!!!
  26. misskeel
    misskeel
    Hello everyone! I am also in my 40's (45), have wonderful supportive husband of 24 yrs, 3 wonderful boys (24,22,10) and just got my first grand daughter 2 weeks ago! I am a nurse and have struggled with my weight since having my 2nd child. had lap band in 2006 lost 140+ lbs but them it slipped in 2008 and had to be removed. since then i have gained all the weight back! I had my lapband done in mexico, and here i go sept 24th to have my sleeve! It has been so hard to watch that scale go back up over the past 4 years, I am just hoping this is the answer for me, dont know what i will do if this does not work i am tired of being tired,kranky and in pain all the time! Good luck to everyone on there journeys!
  27. ANEWME
    ANEWME
    Hi. I am 50 yrs old and and a Mom of a 22 yr old (young man) and a 12 yr old (pre-teen).
    I am hopeful that I will learn from your experiences with the gastric sleeve surgery.
    Am hopeful to obtain a date in November for surgery and begin my journey toward a healthier and leaner me.
    At my age , I am worried about many things but mainly that I have not waited too late to arrest an issue with a fatty liver and high live enzymes, high cholesterol and pre-diabetic symptoms.....oh and obstructive sleep apnea.
    Although there is no guarantee, I pray that some of these issue improve with the weight loss.

Thanks for reading. ......Anewme
  28. Its_Me
    Its_Me
    Waving hello. I am 46, mom of a 15 year old. Getting sleeved on Oct. 22, very excited to get started on the rest of my new life.
  29. Its_Me
    Its_Me
    Waving hello. I am 46, mom of a 15 year old. Getting sleeved on Oct. 22, very excited to get started on the rest of my new life.
  30. Its_Me
    Its_Me
  31. jlbamagirl68
    jlbamagirl68
    Hi everyone. I am a 44 yr old mother of 3. I have 2 stepchildren and 2 grandchildren. I am newly remarried after being divorced 18 years. I have been fighting the battle of the bulge all my life. Have decided to make a life change for the better. Have considered it for several years and now it has become a wonderful reality. I very excited and very nervous. My surgery date is Nov 1st. I am ready for a new and improved me. Best wishes to everyone.
  32. jlbamagirl68
    jlbamagirl68
    Hi everyone. I am a 44 yr old mother of 3. I have 2 stepchildren and 2 grandchildren. I am newly remarried after being divorced 18 years. I have been fighting the battle of the bulge all my life. Have decided to make a life change for the better. Have considered it for several years and now it has become a wonderful reality. I very excited and very nervous. My surgery date is Nov 1st. I am ready for a new and improved me. Best wishes to everyone.
  33. jlbamagirl68
    jlbamagirl68
  34. mzslimagain
    mzslimagain
    Congratulations! I hope you have a speedy recovery.
  35. Sophotia
    Sophotia
    Hi I'm Alicia.... I'm a 44 year old divorced mom of 3 girls ages 5, 9 and 11. I had my surgery 7/24/12 and am so happy with the progress I've made so far. I need to work on getting my exercise in.... Life is very hectic with the 3 young ones. I also need to keep my protein up.
  36. sharon2126
    sharon2126
    Hi - My name is Sharon and I'm 60 years young! We found out a little over a year ago that my husband has terminal brain cancer (he is doing extremely well, I might add) and since then I've been on an emotional roller coaster! Eating has been my confort zone and I've gained over 50 lbs. in the past year. Couple that with the fact that I was already overweight and I couldn't make up and down the stairs without stopping to rest. On 10/3/12 I got the gastric sleeve. My first doctors appointment 1 week later and I had lost 12 lbs. I don't go back to the doctor for 5 weeks and I refuse to get on a scale till then. Afraid I'll be disappointed as I have been with so many other diets. My jeans are getting loose and I'm not getring black and blue marks from the button anymore, so I have to say this is working! The protein shakes are the hardest part but I just keep sipping and eventually they're gone. Has to be a better way to get large amounts of protein.

Good luck to all of you!
  37. sharon2126
    sharon2126
    Hi - My name is Sharon and I'm 60 years young! We found out a little over a year ago that my husband has terminal brain cancer (he is doing extremely well, I might add) and since then I've been on an emotional roller coaster! Eating has been my confort zone and I've gained over 50 lbs. in the past year. Couple that with the fact that I was already overweight and I couldn't make up and down the stairs without stopping to rest. On 10/3/12 I got the gastric sleeve. My first doctors appointment 1 week later and I had lost 12 lbs. I don't go back to the doctor for 5 weeks and I refuse to get on a scale till then. Afraid I'll be disappointed as I have been with so many other diets. My jeans are getting loose and I'm not getring black and blue marks from the button anymore, so I have to say this is working! The protein shakes are the hardest part but I just keep sipping and eventually they're gone. Has to be a better way to get large amounts of protein.

Good luck to all of you!
  38. sharon2126
    sharon2126

Good luck to all of you!
  39. sharon2126
    sharon2126

Good luck to all of you!
  40. mspumkin
    mspumkin
    Hello Everyone, My name is Pumkin I am currently on my pre-op liquid diet. I weigh in at 239. I am 40 yrs old my surgery date is Dec 17. I am located Ohio area I guess this is my birthday present my birthday is Dec 22, yay yay yay I wanted to have a 40 birthday party I just did not like the way I looked by the time I turn 42 I should be ready
  41. mrios1029
    mrios1029
    Hello , my name is Maggie . I'm 40 will be 41 in February. Just got resleeve 12/3/12. Have 5 kids , 25, 19, 15, 10 and 4yrs old . I live in Cleveland, OH . Got resleeve by Dr. Aviv Ben Meir . Have lost about 18lbs so far .
  42. Langdon06
    Langdon06
    Hello Everyone i see this post was created some time ago. But im an over 40.. 42 to be exact. married with 6 children ages 23-10.. Can't wait to be sleeved on March 22..
  43. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    Hi y'all!!. I am a 45 year old divorced mother of 3 (21, 17 and 16). Getting my sleeve on Feb 16th. Can't weight for my journey to begin. I'm so psych'd, excited and ready to get the show on this road. My new life is waiting for me around the corner and I am running towards it!!
  44. nikki_g
    nikki_g
    Hi everyone. I am a 42 year old single mom/grandma, and I have to say, trying to keep up with my 5 yr old granddaughter is extremely difficult for me, weighing in at 283 lbs. I don't have a surgery date just yet, as I am still going through the preop testing, consults and nutritional classes, but I hope to be getting the surgery in April/May.....I am thrilled to find people in my age group that have or are going to be having this surgery that I can keep in touch with. Best of luck to all!!
  45. Loveme2013
    Loveme2013
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Nicola, I am 49 going on 50. I am looking forward to getting sleeved on Mar 1 2013. I have been on this journey for some years and insurance is the reason I have decided to pay out of pocket. I will be headed to Mexico and I am so ready to becoming healthy. I am tired of being overweight and having so many aches and pain. I wanted to live for my family. I have 20+ grands and remarried for 4 years.
  46. tharris5468
    tharris5468
    Hello All!
    Mu name is Terra and I am 44, married with three grown children and two beautiful grandsons. My journey started back in October 2012 when I had a mild stroke. My insurance covers the surgery no problem so I began the whirlwind rounds of doctors & tests. I got the all clear to go for December 27th but ended up sick so had to reschedule. My surgery is FINALLY scheduled for this Friday. I am very happy to be getting this done as it will assist me in my endeavor to get healthy! We're all too young with too many years ahead of us to feel so tired! I want to be able to play with my grandsons without getting so worn out that I have to have a nap. I want to be able to take my dog for a walk without hurting so much afterward that I need an ibuprofen. Most of all I want to be able to slow dance with my wonderful husband of 27 years without having to "hunch" over so we can accomodate our bellies! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing in your journey as well as sharing mine. Good Luck to all of you!
  47. Fawn1120
    Fawn1120
    I can really related to much of what has been said in these post! I'm 46 and have a 7 year old son and three great step kids 19, 23 and 26. I married to a great guy for the last 13 years. He supports me in the venture. I'm tired of not being able to paint my toe nails, tired of the yo-yo which is more up than down, and I'm tired of being tired. I know it's a race between losing this weight and getting diabetes.

I'm so scared and exhilarated to make this change. I can talk myself out of moving forward, but get defensive if anyone says, "you just need to exercise". I'm self pay and feel guilty for spending so much. But I normally put everyone's wants before my needs. But this surgery will get me in a place where I will be a better mom, wife, daughter and friend. April 2013 is my month for change!