Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery inTJ on Feb. 16th

1. luluinwa
    luluinwa
    Hi everyone,
    I'm just wondering if anyone is having surgery on Feb 16 with Dr. Cabrera Garcia? I'm having it at the Mi Hospital .If you've had it there was the hospital ok?I'm getting so excited but I am a little apprehensive at the same time. I am going to go by myself, has anyone gone alone? Thanks for any info you can give me.
  2. slapperuski
    slapperuski
    I am having surgery with him tomorrow....just checked into hotel(Marriott) and relaxing before I leave to the hospital in the am. I too am alone. No concerns whatsoever so far.
  3. breastcancermedic
    breastcancermedic
    I am 6 days post op. He was not my Doctor but I had mine at the same hospital..I was amazing, you couldnt get better staff. Who is you coornater? I had Daniel. You will be well taken care. I work in the medical feild as a medic in Canada and this hospital is one of the cleanest I have seen...
  4. itchycat55
    itchycat55
    My Dr was Lopez but stayed at the Marriot and Mi Hospital, all excellent and clean.
    I went through A Lighter Me, what company you go through depends on the customer service you get. Mine was over the top.
    I too, am from Canada and went by myself...but then I have travelled to a few 3rd world countries alone so had little fear for Mexico...
  5. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    You will be fine. I had a great experience with Dr. Caberra and Dr. Lousiana Valenzuela! You can read my blogs on my experience. I also have the sleeve bible and Mexico Trip tips if you're interested, just PM me with your email addy and I'll forward them to you! Good luck and say hi to the docs from me, Jen Kelly (My surgery was 12/07/12
  6. leo39
    leo39
    THanks for offering to educate those of us who haven't had surgery yet! I chose Cabrera and Lousiana as well but it was close between them and Dr. F Garcia, who is a sweetheart. I am nervous - only of side effects honestly because I have six kids and so those five days away have to really run smooth in order for me to slowly re-emerge in mommy mode.
    My husband is coming with me because we go to Mexico every year to visit an orphanage so he's coming to go see them - if anyone is coming at the same time as me, You can take a daytrip to the orphanage if you like!

One thing I didn't think about are drains (how bad are they? advice?) or the barium swallow. Some doctors do this while you are under and then show them to you, so you don't have to taste that nasty chalk... I'd love that, personally.

I just can't reiterate enough that I know no one here and have told only my husband and mother (and doctor) about this plan, so I appreciate information, friendship, advice.

Bless all of y'all in your journey! Keep the advice coming!