Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

This Pre-Op Diet is Killing Me

1. suelala
    suelala
    I've been on liquid diets before. I drank nothing but protein shakes for three months one time. It was hard, but I had doctor-prescribed appetite suppressants to help me.

I have those same appetite suppressants now (I am under a doctor's care, it's fine). And for some reason, I am absolutely famished. Tonight I cheated and had some grilled chicken and romaine lettuce with vinegar and olive oil, and it was soooo good. I couldn't help it.

I know, I know. I need my liver to shrink before surgery. I need to do better, or I will suffer.

I have two questions:
    1. On the pre-op diet, do you guys know of anything that will help with hunger cravings? I have some really good protein drinks. I have Greek yogurt. And yet I'm hungry, hungry, hungry. Like, hungrier than I was when I did a similar diet in the past.

2. Does it really get easier after I get sleeved? I'm really hoping that once my stomach is smaller and I get full faster, this hunger of mine will stop. And yes, I know they remove the part of your stomach that produces ghrelin. I guess my issue is, I can't imagine my hunger going away. Does it actually go away after you get sleeved? I need some encouragement because this pre-op diet has me a little bummed out.

Thanks!
  2. lindmar
    lindmar
    On the pre-op you can have 4 oz of grilled chicken in the first week. I would ask Henry or India, but maybe you can extend that or cottage cheese into the 2nd week. I had about 1/4 cup cottage cheese mixed with yogurt for most days during pre-op.
  3. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Hunger IS BAREABLE AFTER SLEEVE. I was there thinking same thoughts and when you get your hunger back trust me it is not as bad. WITH the sleeve you EAT TO LIVE not Eat to SATISFY. It gets better.
  4. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I have not had the hunger issues that I had before the sleeve. If I start to feel hungry I pop something healthy in my mouth and I fill up so fast that this system works great for me. Good luck to you!!
  5. suelala
    suelala
    I didn't realize anyone had responded to my message. Thank you all so much!
  6. kallima_butterfly
    kallima_butterfly
    I too have been worried about the hunger issues after being sleeved......i know everyone says it will be different but its still hard to imagine eating just because I have to not becuase I want too........amn Im nervous about that but Im putting my trust in the others that went before me!