Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

January sleevers

1. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    Hi everyone having surgery with dr Quinones in January 2013, please share your surgery dates? This group is also to encourage each other we are all on the same path, we are all verry excited yet scared so please if you have any usefull tips etc please share them with us
  2. lindmar
    lindmar
    You already know my date is Jan. 16. SO EXCITED!!! Did Henry or the doc give you a pre-surgery diet yet? I don't have any info yet.
  3. DragonsLoard
    Getting sleeved on the 11th.... It still seems so far away!!!!! lindmar email or call Henry and he will email you the pre-op diet. I'll be starting my pre-op diet on Dec 26. Good luck to all of us
  4. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    For how long do we need to go on pre op diet?
  5. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    How long do we need to go on pre op diet? Also please share any usefill tips like ideas for pre op food and also things to take along to hospital etc. I already made a list of things like mouth wash, lipbalm, something for gass. Also cause I'm from south africa we have summer of about 42 degrees in january, what is the weather like in mexico in january?
  6. DragonsLoard
    The pre-op diet was for 2 weeks. I am doing the 1st week on liquids (soups, protein drinks, greek yogurt) and then just clear liguids the day before my surgery. Yesterday hubby and I went shopping for my trip. I'm taking gas-x thin strips, Sublingual B Complex, a travel pack with shampoo, conditioner,ect, laptop, slippers. You can go to Tijuana Weather, Current Conditions and Temperature - weather.com and it will give you the weather for Tijuana.
  7. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    My pre-op diet was for one week only. I am sorry to say that I didn't stick to it. I have done amazing after my sleeve though. I have lost 44 lbs as of today in a little under 2 months. All after my sleeve seeing I didn't lose any with the pre-op that I didn't stick to. Good luck to you all!!!
  8. DragonsLoard
    Enfury8me Congrats on your weight loss you look great!
  9. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    Ccan someone pls tell me what is gass X strips? I've been to a few pharmacies but they don't know it. Looks like we don't have them in south africa
  10. DragonsLoard
    @Smitlien GAS-X THIN STRIPS Gas-X® Thin Strips | Gas-X® Maybe you can buy them at the Airport in San Diego... From what I understand they don't sell them in Mexico either.
  11. amcmillan
    amcmillan
    Smitlien-gas x strips are,for the air in your stomach.thats most of the pain you will be feeling is the air that they pump in you.and gas x strips are like bean-no,anti-burp medication.
  12. Caseyj794
    Caseyj794
    I've confirmed my surgery date of Jan 17th...!! I can't wait....
  13. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    ladies and gents advice take a laxative before surgery it does help with gas. I had gas for four days only. Pre-op diet is two weeks. Do your best I know you all won't be able to do it 100% and don't get down if that is the case. Just try to follow the pre-op best you can. If you need the pre-op diet email me your email I will send you pre-op and post-op diets. Feel free to call me anytime, or PM me. Gas-X I didn't need them at all, they help with gas from what I hear. Any questions hit me up.
  14. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    weather is cold same weather in san diego is the exact weather in TJ, or Tijuana. To bring clothes to fly home in, underwear, I brought my own soap, deoderant, they provide towels . I would advise socks, sports bra for ladies. That is the basics if you have a tablet, laptop, ereader there is free wifi. US DOLLARS WORK IN TJ don't worry about pesos or exchange etc. US dollars spend like pesos. Any other questions? Trying to answer them all.
  15. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    Ok so my date is set for the 17th! I booked my flight ticket today so now there's no turning back! I'm counting the days and can't wait to get sleeved!
  16. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    that's great a few of you will be getting sleeved in 2013, good way to start out the year.
  17. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    Hi phoenixrise can you mail me the pre and post op diets to smitlien@hotmail.com
  18. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    sent to your email let me know if you didn't get it, or if you do.
  19. BettysGirl
    BettysGirl
    Well i finally made my deposit and the big day is January 18th!!! Smitlien and caseyj794 maybe i will see you there ??
  20. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    Woohoo bettysgirl I'm so happy for you! My surgery date is the 18th because my flight lands 19:15 on the 17th so will stay in hotel that night and then get sleeved the 18th! What time does your flight land etc and are you also traveling alone?. Looking forward to meet you
  21. vmb
    vmb
    Hello All, after reading some post I am changing doctors. I like being fully informed and I got the most info off of Dr. Q's website. I am due to have surgery the end of January I have to reconfirm my date since I am doing some switching. I have the post and preop diets and I travel a lot for my job. I sure hope I can stick to it I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
  22. BettysGirl
    BettysGirl
    Smitlieb we have the same surgury date. I am traveling with my husband. Eddie is meeting us at the border parking lot at 10 and i was told surgury around noon. What hotel are you staying in on the 17th. We are in CAlif so we are driving and will find a hotel when we get there . Ill send you my cell number. Did you get the pre op diet? We dont have to start it till the 4th right? It will be here before you know it
  23. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    Hello bettysgirl I will be staying at the holtel real del rio. India told me I only have to do the pre op for 1 week but I will also do it for 2 weeks just to be safe. Igetting verry nervous about surgery, but also verry excited! You're lucky your husband is travelling with you, my fiance has to work and the flight tickets to SAN dis verry expensive! I will be staying a few extra days, hope will be ok when its time to fly back to SA, its a verry long fight!
  24. kellywinslove
    kellywinslove
    Hi, my husband and I leave tomorrow Jan 25 for our surgery. We should be sleeved by Dr Q by 2pm
  25. DonnaK
    DonnaK
    I just found this site and Dr. Q's name today. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad I did! I have been in contact with Weightlossagents.com and after reading reviews about Dr. A, that they work with in Tijuana, I knew that he is not the Dr. for me. Dr. Quinones and his staff sound fantastic. I have to self pay and save my money, but I'm already excited. I will be calling his office tomorrow. Thank you all for your comments!
  26. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    You can call me I coordinate for the weight loss forums, 619 908 9068