Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Cheating on Pre-op diet

1. finally38done
    finally38done
    Hi Texas Sleevers,

Did anyone cheat on their pre op diet? how many times? with what? Did it affect your surgery or post op that you know of? I am on day 8 of mine and I have had good will power so far and i only have 6 days left but I want something to eat so bad. I feel if i could jut have one thing I would feel better. Probably won't but curious to the answers to my questions.
  2. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    I didnt cheat on my pre-op diet because it was only 5 days, but the post-op diet was another thing. I was so sick of liquids I had to have something to chew. I cheated with cheese puffs, I could chew them and they would dissolve into nothing. I would only eat 5 or 6 of them, but they sure did help me.
  3. firewa11
    firewa11
    I suppose every surgeon is different. Mine was a reduced calorie diet until 1 week before surgery, when it hit the liquid diet, then a clear liquid diet the day before surgery. That being said, I failed miserably leading up to the liquid phase but stuck to it that week before, except the second night in I cheated some pudding. The important thing here is to shrink your liver so it goes smoother in the OR, you don't end up with a bruised liver, and so things go quicker (less time under is better for recovery), and to get your body used to stuff. Like, that sharp pain / pulling sensation when your liver is shrinking down when you twist just right... Or the pleasant liquid #2's....
  4. tcopeland
    tcopeland
    I will admit.... I cheated on my pre-op diet. My diet was 2 weeks...I cheated for a week but then I went through hell the last week. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND CHEATING
  5. dkski
    dkski
    I cheated on day 3 & 5. My pre op diet was 7 days. Had hot wings only like 3. It didnt affect my surgery at all. They had no idea.
  6. Deanna13
    Deanna13
    I cheated on my pre op diet with one graham cracker.... my dr was so strict i was so scared of getting caught lol
  7. Megatwon
    Megatwon
    I cheated on my pre-op diet and enjoyed every single minute of it. It's the last time you'll ever be able to eat like that. That's why I choose to have to damn surgery in the first place.
  8. theresaholley11
    theresaholley11
    I can't imagine going two weeks pre-op on liquids. Mine was only 7 days. Got to admit, I did cheat a couple of times. Small things though, nothing major. I did cheetos (my sole weakness) . My surgery went well. Surgeon said that she could tell that I was a good girl (I will never tell).
    I just smiled. It is so difficult. I only had to do one week full liquids after and that I pretty much followed. I did on about post-op day 6, got mashed potato with some brown gravy watery... It was like heaven. I know starch, but I was dying. Now I am eating pretty much anything (proteins first though), I can't get all my proteins in. 60 to 80 grams is what is suggested with my surgeon. Not hitting it yet. I drank Isopures all day. That is getting expensive.

Dont worry, cheat a bit is fine... just take it slow and you will be fine. 2 weeks is a (female dog)! I know I couldn't do it.

Good luck!!!
  9. pixiepal
    pixiepal
    I did not cheat! I was on liquids for seven days. I was told that the purpose of this was to shrink my liver to allow the surgeon to do the procedure without complications. So this just diminished any desires I had to cheat. Don't cheat. It's not worth it!��
  10. Epiphany12th
    Epiphany12th
    I did not cheat on my 2 week full liquid diet. It was easier than I thought it would be. I don't know if following the diet makes a difference but my surgery and my recovery has been minimal pain and no problems.
  11. ThruThickNThin
    ThruThickNThin
    The real question is...if you can cheat on your diet, can listen to your doctor to complete your food phases after the sleeve? Can you follow your protein regiment? Will you drink enough water? Once you are sleeved you are understanding that you will be committed to a lifestyle change. There are many things you can eat on the liquid diet. Relook at the list.
  12. incredibleshrnkngshirly
    incredibleshrnkngshirly
    I remember I did cheat one time. I was on liquids and the Fourth of July was always a big party for us. I ate a bite of sausage link....it didn't hurt me since my surgery followed on the thirteenth later that month. That was in 2011. It didn't do anything to me but I was faithful after that just because you don't want to mess anything up for yourself.