Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

January Sleever

1. vmb
    vmb
    Hello Everyone,

I am just joining the group. I live in Nashville. I am due to have my surgery in January. I am very excited. I have worked in the medical field for over 25 years so I understand the entire process and I am looking forward to getting back to a size 8. If I get in a smaller size than that it will be an added bonus. I am currenly a size 18 so that will be a great goal for me for right now. Please share any info that you think will be beneficial. I have 30 days to get ready. I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!
  2. seerphyllis2
    seerphyllis2
    I was sleeved on dec. 11th and it was a great decision. Everything for me went well. Get use to not eating and drinking at the same time. I had a lot of gas ( normal). Just get up and get active as soon as you are released to. I am enjoying having so much energy. I am a nurse and I work in surgery so I was nervous because I was on the other end. I hope all goes well for you
  3. BabyGirl817
    BabyGirl817
    I will be sleeved jan 30th. I am excited and i can't wait to start my life over...
  4. letriciac915
    letriciac915
    I will be sleeved on Jan 28. I am excited and nervous but I overall feel its the best decision. Best wishes to everyone on their journey
  5. HailsandHolls
    HailsandHolls
    I was sleeved on 1/17 and I am currently in the full liquid stage. Everything is going fine, take 2 multivitamins a day, give myself Lovenox shots twice per day and I also have one pill I open up and put into a little sugar free/fat free ice cream. I drink one big strawberry protein shake I make myself from 100% Whey protein powder, from Walmart, which gives me about 90 grams of protein and I sip on it until its gone. I eat some sugar free Popsicles, some chicken noodle soup broth, juicey part of the chicken pot pie, water with crystal light lemonade pack and splenda and that's about it right now. Not hungry, not tired, don't feel weak.
    prior to your surgery I recommend you start drinking some protein shakes, like Muscle Milk, will help in your recovery. I was in the hospital 2 1/2 days, been off work this past week and I barely have any pain from the 5 incisions and I feel like I could go back to work now, but going to wait one more week. It's tough the first days because it's a big adjustment not eating and only drinking and u may feel a little down and wonder why you did it, but I got over it because despite not eating I feel really good. Can't wait though until I.can chew on something and when I can put on my jeans to see how cute I look..can't because the incisions right now. Still looking forward to it.