Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Starting the new year right

1. JENGAR
    JENGAR
    This upcoming new year will be an exciting one for me, I will be on the sleeved side and also starting my dream career as a certified nurse midwife. I feel like life is starting in a new direction and I can't wait for the change. Anyone else starting something new for the new year??
  2. taeinga
    taeinga
    Congratulations... I love computers and happen to work for a company that just nearly doubled their tuition assistance, so I have decided to return to school to work towards a Masters in Nursing Leadership/Informatics. So, completing the application is my New Year's Resolution/Goal (if you will). And starting school in August will be the biggee!!!
  3. nursebetty75
    nursebetty75
    That's awesome!! I will be sleeved Jan 8!! Anticipating a GREAT year of new life and exciting challenges! Best wishes CNMW!!
  4. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    It's great hearing all the positive opportunities that weight loss has given us! I've not been one to make New Year Resolutions because it was always to lose weight or stay on a diet or exercise more and it never happened, so I just quit going through the motions. This year I feel certain that I will finally be able to keep all those resolutions as I am well on my way thanks to my sleeve!
  5. KensBarbie
    KensBarbie
    Hi all- I will be getting my sleeve on 12/18/12 at Banner Gateway in Mesa, AZ. anyone live near me in the Phoenix area? I will be graduating from Grand Canyon University in May!! So many wonderful things happening to me!!
  6. rn2babes
    rn2babes
    What an exciting year to come for all of you. I'm looking forward to the new year, mostly because I hope for finally, something different. I'm so scared to take this step. Not because of the surgery, really. It's mostly that I don't want anyone to know. I actually am planning on having the sleeve (or band if they won't approve the sleeve) without many knowing at all. My informational meeting is Monday, and I haven't even told my husband. All in good time. Anyway, best wishes to all of us in the new year!
  7. BJB
    BJB
    Hi.. scheduled a pre op consult on Jan 28th.. a failed lap band.. a little scared.. trying to stay calm.. I know I need this for my health and get on w/ my life.. but being 57 y/o scares me and we have a Granddaughter w/ CF so I worry about something happening to me post op. looking forward to hearing from you guys for support. Mom is totally against this b/c I have had several surgeries.. I think I won't make this public or tell her... don't need someone to make me more nervous.
  8. heather 123
    heather 123
    I'm with rn2babes- my latest lie was laparoscopy for division of adhesions - not ready to confess yet