Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Soo freaking out today over nothing I'm sure

1. Nickijo
    Nickijo
    I don’t know why except I am counting down the days, trying to get everything and everyone ready for my surgery. I worry after reading post about people having hernias and having to have them repaired during surgery I don’t have extra money for anything to go wrong. I worry about the stupid drain tube I don't want to be sent home with one. Sorry I just have these moments of panic. Thanks for letting me vent.
  2. ElleMarie
    ElleMarie
    The drain isn't such a big deal. Some find it a bit freaky that something is both inside and outside your body at the same time. Trust me the drain is your friend, the good it does SO outweighs the bad. Even having it removed isn't painful just quite weird. So excited for you to start this new journey!! Keep us posted!
  3. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    Ditto what ElleMarie said! No big deals unless you make them. Breathe.
  4. itchycat55
    itchycat55
    I never had to pay extra for my hernia repair. I didn't even know I had one when I went in to surgery. I was not sent home with the drain, the doctor came to the hotel to remove it the day before I left.
    Sometimes we are our own worse enemy, breathe, tell yourself it is all going to be fine and breathe some more, deep breaths...
  5. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Who is your doctor? I didn't know I would be going home with a drain. I'm with Dr. Q (scheduled for March) and I haven't heard anything about that.
  6. Joanne1958
    Joanne1958
    The drain is not a big deal at all, they won't charge you extra for gallbladder or hernia repair. The unknown is a scary thing but truely it will be fine!
  7. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    Olga, Dr. Q DOES NOT send you home with the drain. He will come in before he releases you on the last day and remove it. No big deal, didn't even hurt a bit!!
  8. BethJane
    BethJane
    At Almanza's, the drain is just a little rubber bag that holds watery blood, very small amounts, you cannot feel it coming out of your belly, and it is not heavy, I just tucked it into my underwear....some patients left it hanging outside their clothes...gross looking...... and the nurses empty it for you and measure it, the first day or two, after a few days, it is removed, and the whole time it is so not a big deal at all, nothing to be frightened about. I have heard about the hernia repairs, and had read it is good for the doctor to check that during surgery and fix it so that you will not have acid reflux or something afterwards, so if you get it repaired, at least at Almanzas there is no charge. Don't be over thinking all of this, you will not be sent home with a drain tube. I was sent home with Cipro and pain meds, and did not use the pain meds at all...you will feel groggy like you are in slow motion, that's about it. I was more afraid that I could not haul my luggage back through the airport, but it was totally not a big deal either, and the plane ride home was not a bother, I sat between people and did not have to get out of my seat as much as I did before surgery. I had a good experience overall, and like you, was really trying to cross all my t's and dot all my I's and finally the main thing I had to do was get there, and get on that surgery table and let them do the rest.
  9. Nickijo
    Nickijo
    I am so thankful for all the responses, They have put some of my fears to rest well until I think of something else to worry about . LOL