Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Newby here :) looking for info on Dr Talbot

1. Laura Jai
    Laura Jai
    Hi fellow Aussie's!! I'm Laura 29 from Sydney. I'm going through the processes ATM of getting the sleeve and am looking for any feedback at all on dr Michael talbot from st George private hospital! To be honest I'm freaking out lol! Soo scared I'm going to end up with complications etc so I'd love to hear feedback and also what to expect!! Thanks in advance!!
  2. Mini me
    Mini me
    I am from Melbourne, so cannot help you with Dr Talbot. But as someone that was sleeved last September, I can advise you NOT to be scared! Complications are rare. You Doctor by law must advise you about all that can go wrong, it's a bit like reading the warnings and side affects on prescription drugs! When you read them, you say to yourself "why the hell am I taking this?" but you do, and rarely if ever you get a side affect! I believe our standards here in Australia are so good that you have very little to worry about. I went shopping yesterday and was fitted for a new bra, as I had no idea what size I was. Let me tell you how wonderful it was to end up with a size 14 after 20 years of a size 20! I feel fantastic, and my only regret is I didn't do this years ago! Good luck and enjoy your new life when it comes down the track.
  3. elizbarron
    elizbarron
    Hi-I'm from Wollongong and am booked in to have either the sleeve or bypass surgery done on the 27th March with Dr Talbot. I did have the lapband done about 5 years ago with Dr Talbot, but didn't have much success with that, and hated it so much that I had it removed 2 years later. Dr Talbot did recommend the sleeve to me at the time that I had the lapband. I wish that I had listened to him. From what I've read on a few different forums, the sleeve seems so much better than the lapband. I really like Dr Talbot, and from reading forums, about what other people have to say about him, it all seems favourable. My GP had the bypass with Dr Talbot a few years ago, so I have an appointment to see her to ask her for her opinion of life with a bypass. Dr Talbot thought I should consider either of those 2 surgeries. I really want to listen to his advice this time around, and so will get as much advice as possible in the meantime. I learnt to cheat the band very quickly, and I believe it can happen with the sleeve as well. I like to think that I am committed to eat well, but don't trust myself very much at the moment and from my past, which is why I'm in the situation that I'm in. I believe that with the bypass that if you eat foods that are high in fat/high in sugar, it can make you feel very unwell, which stops you from doing that. Am not sure which way to go. I'm nervous about possible complications as well. The main one with the sleeve is if it leaks. Apparently if treated , is not life threatening, but can be very inconvenient with weeks spent in hospital-thát's the one that concerns me. Dr Talbot said that most complications can be managed if treated quickly and not left for a long time. Anyway, I have complete faith in Dr Talbot. He seems very professional and competent- and he seems like a really nice person
  4. Laura Jai
    Laura Jai
    Thanks Ladies & Eliz I'm from Wollongong too!! Who's your gp?? Maybe I can speak with her too? I'm soo scared of complications but I think mini me is right they let u know these things so your prepared!! God I hope I don't have any! I'm off to my second appt on Thursday & am really excited to get the ball rolling ASAP I want this all done & over with before my 30th in July!!