Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dietitian Appointment

1. lunetta
    lunetta
    I have an appointment with a dietitian (set for about 3 months prior to my appointment to see the gastric surgeon - Dr David Martin). For anyone who has already gone through the process, what exactly is the dietitian appointment for? What will she be asking me, what will she expect of me? I'd just like to feel prepared instead of walking in blind, to ease my anxiety.
  2. Heather Honey
    Heather Honey
    Hi there, I see Dr Martin as well. The dietitian, Simone, will be just filling you in on what your food life will be like post surgery, and will show you examples of what your serving portions should look like. It's been 15 months since my surgery, so the pre surgery visits are a bit hazy now, but from memory, she will be impressing upon you the importance of not overeating. I only learned from a recent visit to Dr Martin's offsider, that the stomach can stretch by about 20% in the 2 years post op. I must say, that although I do, occassionally manage to have a "bigger" meal, I'm pretty well satisfied with my what I can fit in..... One sushi roll is plenty for me, by way of an indication, and where I used to have 2 Vita Brits for breakfast, one is plenty now.
    All the best with it, and let me know how you get on. I'm due to see Georgia on 15th of this month, and Simone later, just before school goes back, I think/hope. Might see you in the waiting room some time!