Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

From Houston, Texas

1. marydillom
    marydillom
    Surgery date 1/9/2012, anyone else out ther from Houston, would love to chat
  2. JazzyJackie
    JazzyJackie
    Hi, I had my surgery 12/13/2011 with dr. Yu. I live in Houston and I'm so very happy I did it. We can talk if you like. Good luck and be patience.
  3. Cowgirl
    Cowgirl
    I was planning that day for my surgery as well! I'm from Beaumont. Going to Dr. Almanza, would love to chat.
  4. CarolC
    CarolC
    So glad to have found Houstonians. I'm having my surgery with Dr. Yu tomorrow morning at Park Plaza. I am so nervous. I will never be able to sleep tonight. I have to be there at 6 AM. Jazzy Jackie, would love to hear your thoughts on Dr. Yu. I was scheduled with Dr. Speigel for 12/29 and just didn't feel right about it so about 3 weeks ago, I switched.
  5. sis4lfe
    sis4lfe
    I am from Baytown and was sleeved in Houston by Dr. Marvin in Dec 2010. I hope you all are recovering well!

CarolC ~ I'm SOOO glad you switched surgeons!!!!
  6. Divanina
    Divanina
    HI! I am new to this site and I am seriously considered having the surgery! Can you tell me if you have heard about Dr. Brian Mirza? I have my first appointment with him on Feb 8th. I’m nervous and excited at the same time. But I think my nerves are getting the best of me and that is why I joined this group. Can you guys share with me your ups and downs.... plus all of the weight you have lost already!? I would really appreciate it!
  7. jamie_lanell
    jamie_lanell
    I"m seeing Dr. Howard in Conroe, Texas just north of Houston. I'm hoping to have my surgery date soon!!
  8. AmyR
    AmyR
    I was sleeved on 9/26/11 with Dr. Collier out of Conroe. I live in Atascocita (Kingwood) just NE of Houston.
  9. incredibleshrnkngshirly
    incredibleshrnkngshirly
    Howdy Folks...live in a small town called Nederland....sandwiched between Port Arthur and Beaumont....I had my surgery done in Houston by Terry Scarborough...he was in with Dr. Yu but I heard Doc U went out on his own.....just wanted to say hi, don't get online too much...no time...but sometimes I like to drop in and see what's going on in fellow sleevers lives...see if yall are going through what I am at times...never will regret having this surgery, I don't seem to be missing out on anything...still love to eat, just can't hold it...but then, that's why I needed to do this...hope all of you are doing well...wishing God's blessings on all of you....Shirley
  10. jamie_lanell
    jamie_lanell
    incredibleshrnkngshirly, I've been to Nederland!
  11. bmooney364
    bmooney364
    I live in Orange Tx. I am having my surgery July 10th in Houston. Dr. Sherman Yu is my surgeon. He is still in the office with Dr. Scarbougher sp.
  12. tcopeland
    tcopeland
    Hey everyone!!!! I was wondering.....has anyone used Dr. St. Laurent???? Im from Brazoria County and there are several people who have used him down here who LOVE him but I was just wondering if anyone else has used or heard about him. Thanks!!!!
  13. lmowens1028
    lmowens1028
    Evening all.. I live in the League City area. I am just south of Houston and just north of Galveston. I had my surgery 9 days ago with Dr. Cliffton Thomas in Houston. He is an amazing doctor. I have had an exceptional experince so far. I would recommend him to anyone.
  14. tcopeland
    tcopeland
    Im from brazoria county....bout an hour from houston. I will be having my surgery on July 3rd by Dr St. Laurent.
  15. RachelT
    RachelT
    I'm just North of Houston in Spring, haven't been able to find anyone near me so far, glad you are all here!
  16. kimmyiet
    kimmyiet
    I'm live in Spring Branch and will be sleeved on Aug 30th by Dr. R. Marvin.
  17. doxie
    doxie
    I am in NW Houston and have been to Dr. Sherman Yu for an initial consult so far. I have a weight management class this Saturday (my first). I would like to hear from others about their experiences with Dr. Yu and if they recommend him. If I do have the surgery, it would be after the first of next year. I chose Dr. Yu because he does the single-incision surgery, which is supposed to be less invasive and less down-time. Anyone done this one? thanks!
  18. dachsie
    dachsie
    I live in College Station but travel to Houston a lot. I used to live there. I had my surgery in Temple at Scott & White.
  19. ddbunting
    ddbunting
    I live in Cleveland, just north of Houston. Had my surgery in Sept., in Dallas.
  20. staphaknee
    staphaknee
    Hey everyone come join us in our group on facebook
    WLS 4 Life

For all Pre op and Post op

share experiences and be there for support and making new friends!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/364274273660743/
  21. sueluvscay
    sueluvscay
    Hello Fellow Houstonians!!! I was sleeved in Tijuana with Dr. Almanza on June 14, 2012.... 4 monhs out and ive lost 130 lbs..... anyone wanna chat or email? let me know!!!
  22. sueluvscay
    sueluvscay
    Hello Fellow Houstonians!!! I was sleeved in Tijuana with Dr. Almanza on June 14, 2012.... 4 monhs out and ive lost 130 lbs..... anyone wanna chat or email? let me know!!!
  23. sueluvscay
    sueluvscay
  24. sueluvscay
    sueluvscay
  25. sueluvscay
    sueluvscay
  26. becca72
    becca72
    From Silsbee...live in in Beaumont now..had surgery with Dr. Hottie...I mean Dr. Leiva in Houston
  27. TXgirlJulia
    TXgirlJulia
    Hello All! I live in Spring (just north of Houston) and work in Houston I had my single incision sleeve surgery with Dr. Ganta in Austin (traveled to do it because I really felt he was the best surgeon for me)
  28. Hope1970
    Hope1970
    Hey Julia, I live in Tomball. When is your surgery? Mine is December 18th.
  29. Lisa H
    Lisa H
    I live in Spring/The Woodlands area and having my surgery on December 19th with Dr Mirza.
  30. mrswhitty81
    mrswhitty81
    I will have mine done in houston memorial city methodist with dr Farrari on jan 17th