Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gall Stones??

1. manda0785
    manda0785
    Do you have to have your gall bladder taken out when you have the sleeve? I keep hearing talk about this but I'm confused.
  2. zmdh39
    If you don't have a problem with it then they don't take it out
  3. cassandra
    cassandra
    I got mine out 1year ago this month.
  4. vmb
    vmb
    I heard that some times because of the rapid
    Weight loss you can develop stones. Some doctors
    while they already in there just remove the
    gallbladder to prevent surgery later.
  5. manda0785
    manda0785
    Okay thanks. I dont have any issues with it as far as I know, Ive never been told I have so I guess it stays!...lol
  6. manda0785
    manda0785
    Question?...So what does Dr. Q do to check your gall bladder? Does he ultrasound it before to make sure about it or does he just wait till he is in there and is like oh better take that out?
  7. zmdh39
    I would ask Henry, but I would say that if you haven't had any issues with it, then he probably just waits until he is in there to check it out.
  8. ashlie
    ashlie
    Luckily I am one of those going into WLS that have already had my gallbladder removed. However, my largest weight loss at the time was 60lbs in about 8 months, and in that 8th month, was the first time I had problems with my gallstones (comparable to strong pregnancy contractions in my eyes!). It took 2 years of attacks and ER visits for them to finally figure out that I had gallstones!! omg....

Clearly I'm not a doctor (hah!), but I feel like if you do end up having problems with your gallbladder, you won't know until you're int he progress of weight loss.

Good luck to you!