Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What was your pre-op diet

1. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    I'm just curious what the pre-op diet is and for how long?
  2. zmdh39
    I had a 10 day all liquid diet, I want to say the last day is clear liquid, and nothing past midnight the day before your surgery
  3. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    i was given a non specific email that stated .. drink Ensure, and eat fruit, and drink liquids. Don't eat after midnight the night before. It never said when to start the pre op or how many days to do it or anything. So of course I ate what I wanted and did a 2.5 day all liquid diet. Everything went well. so far so good and im about 20 days out. If it had said 10 days, I would have probably done 5 anyway.. lol Thats just the way I am. Anarchy!! LMAO!
  4. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Lol thanks! Can someone tell me the days he does surgery and how long the stay is. I'm trying to not be gone 5 days. Since ill be alone I wanna get in and get out so to speak
  5. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    OMG I'm freaking out about the pre-op diet. I'm scared of the two week or ten day liquid diet! I'm still 3 mo out from surgery and already freaking out! What if I can't do it? Why did some doctors ask for a pre diet and others didn't of the length of time is different? It's weird to me
  6. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    relax and just do the best you can.. I think a week is sufficient IMO.. really.. no one follows to a T. they just do the very best they can imaging life on the other side. Tell yourself you want the surgery more than food... I only did 2.5 days.. I say 2.5 cause I had eggs that morning.. If your larger, maybe stick to the week so your liver has a chance to shrink some.. IF YOU NEED.. henry told me yogurt and fruit was ok.. get in some protein and stay away from caffiene and sugar so you dont go through withdrawl.. start drinking a ton of water..nothing after midnight the night before surgery.. also I think some people get excited to lose weight during their pre op maybe you will too.. !!
  7. zmdh39
    Always try and follow the diet you are given, but in all honesty I know that I didn't, I did really good for the most part, but would always sneak a couple of bites of something pretty much every day, in fact, I think the only day of the diet that I got totally right was the one where we could not have anything...and had I not been on a plane I am not sure I would have made it that day either. Just make sure to drink the protein, after about 3 or 4 days of the diet it really won't be that big of a deal to you anymore, at that point you will just be battling fat kid head hunger. The ensures really helped me with not being as hungry, and anytime that I was just dying for something solid, I would try to eat a sugar free pudding first, which most of the time worked. 3 months to go, stop stressing, I promise once all is said and done you will fist think, what the hell have I done, and then think you are a fool for being so nervous all that time.
  8. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Thanks ladies. I'm not 100% positive but I weigh in the 250's OMG that is huge for me to type. Ill just do my best. Ill be in school so hopefully it'll be easier since I won't be home all damn day by myself
  9. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I will send you the pre-op diet
  10. suelala
    suelala
    I don't have to start the pre-op diet until next month but I have questions. I was sent a document that says it's fourteen days, and has a long description at the beginning of why it's important (to shrink the fatty liver and have it out of the doctor's way for surgery). But I'm a little confused about a few things.

Like, it says to make sure to drink three "Ensure Vitamin Supplements" each day of the diet. Is this just the regular Ensure Nutrition Shakes? Seems like they're pretty high in sugar.

Also, it says "All the yogurt you can eat (Greek yogurt has almost double the amount of protein per serving)". Does this include Yoplait Lite? I'm just afraid to go over on my sugar intake, because it says the diet is supposed to limit fat AND carbohydrate. Some of these foods are pretty high carb if you're not careful.
  11. DragonsLoard
    I am going to start my pre-op diet on Dec 26th. From the 26 to the 31 No fried food/fast food having salads for luch and baked or grilled chicken/fish for dinner. I'm also drinking either a protien shake or protien shot. Jan 1 to 9th. Protien shakes, greek yorurt for lunch and soups for dinner. NO caffeine or alcohol. Jan 10 Apple or other clear juice (juice without pulp),Clear Broth (Chicken, vegetable or beef) and Sugar free Popsicles...

My husband found these three great pdf handbooks about VGS

Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics http://www.peachtreebariatrics.com/d...ent-Manual.pdf

University of Missouri Bariatric Services http://www.muhealth.org/documents/ba...klet%20VSG.pdf

Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Program http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery....astrectomy.pdf
  12. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Do your best on the diet, just try to limit your food intake. It is mainly two weeks to help you lose fat weight pre-sleeve and doing it longer tames your stomach. By tame I mean you shrink your stomach down. Not literally but you the days you eat a lot less when you try to stuff yourself you can't you have to build that tolerance back for your tummy to expand more? Well at two weeks we are hoping to limit food intake. Try to get protein in first than go ahead and eat the other stuff. That should help with car b intake. A low carb diet helps shrink the liver oh and get B12 in as it helps the liver metabolize fat. You will do fine just do your best