Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

sleeved!!!

1. kity2498
    kity2498
    hi out there! I had my sleeve surgery yesterday and so far so good. aim quite sore and finding it difficult to take more than a sip or 2.Apple juice seems better than water to me. It seems that a few minutes after sipping liquid and it goes to my stomach it spasms which is literally a big pain.Because of that, Dr. Curry recommended that I stay another night.
    everyday I feel better
  2. Neurorat
    Neurorat
    Congrats!!
  3. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    Congrats! I'll be using Dr. Curry also! I'm so excited I hope my journey goes well. I'll keep you in my prayers. It will all be worth it in the end when your happy and healthy!
  4. kity2498
    kity2498
    Thanks everyone! I had my surgery friday and now it is sunday evening. I feel SOOO much better. I must say the staff here at Christ hospital are terrific and Dr. Curry has stopped in everyday to check on me. Thanks for your kind words and prayers.....oh , and I had forgotten to mention that I also had a halatial (sp.?) that dr. repaired which made a bit more swelling. Day 2 was kind of difficult due to the swelling and i found it hard to keep anything down, but after an added medication i was feeling so much better and as we speak I am sitting in a comfortable easy chair, sipping some tea, and feeling comfortable.
    please continue to pray for me and know that I'll be checking for news of you as well!
  5. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    Congrats! I'll keep you in my prayers for a fast recovery! I'll be seeing Dr. Curry in 3 weeks and 2 days for my consult. I'm guessing your pain and spasms were more related to your hiatal hernia repair than your sleeve......good luck hope you feel better
  6. kity2498
    kity2498
    yes, bessie. He said the hernia swelling may peak in one day or as in my case 2. I was happy to stay the extra couple of days although I could have realistically gone home sunday as once the meds reduced the swelling and nausea i was fine. My husband and children insisted I stayed one more to be sure and you can never be too careful with your health. Good luck to you and peanut.
  7. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    Thanks and I'm glad your sleeved! take care.