Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I'm done, early!!!

1. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
    OK, this is so unreal! I am at home in my recliner a day early! Me, at the ripe old age of 67 left my fellow sleevers, who are mostly half my age, in the hospital - suffering to various degrees and unable to get in the required liquids to be released. I am in shock but I feel great. I have a bit of bubbly gas, an occasional tummy spasm and incision tenderness, that's all. I am grateful, don't get me wrong, I am just amazed. I was scared I'd be in the hospital longer if anything. Every body is different that's for sure.
  2. kity2498
    kity2498
    great! hears to a continued speedy recovery!
  3. maisy2
    maisy2
    I'm 61yrs. and alittle apprehensive myself! Congrats and good luck on your weightloss
  4. MrsPiggy549
    MrsPiggy549
    For us old timers, this surgery is nothing; we've experienced it all...Enjoy the second half of your life and the good health you will have! Terry
  5. Debiosbo
    Debiosbo
    Sweet.... you go girl
  6. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    way to go!!!
  7. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Awesome! You young whippersnapper.....
  8. Dixie
    Dixie
    I hope to follow in your speedy recovery footsyeps next week!
  9. Kay4
    Kay4
    Wahoo! This is good news! Walking will be your new best friend for a while.
  10. K8tie1
    K8tie1
    I had my surgery 7/10/12 and I am 64. And I gotta say I sailed thru the surgery. No problems at all. I had some fatigue that comes with every major surgery for a few weeks here and there, but I too was concerned about issues from the surgery, but all went well. Been on a stall on weight loss for almost two months, but that seems to be getting better. Weight loss is slower, but that is fine as I want to lose another 25 lbs and I am happy. Good healthy numbers is my goal.
  11. strawhat22
    strawhat22
    Good for you, wishing you much success with your sleeve, I am one year out yesterday, down 104 lbs. It's is amazing. My favorite saying that I read on this site is:

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

Have a Happy New Year.

Sam
  12. Scoobie61
    Scoobie61
    Congrats! SO glad to hear the good news. Good luck on your journey. I'm nervous about the upcoming surgery so life changing..
  13. DiPri
    DiPri
    had my surgery yesterday morning and am doing great no nausea can't wait to go home1
  14. mamapassy
    mamapassy
    That's so encouraging! I'm 55 and need all the encouraging I can get! Sending healing thoughts your way.
  15. JUDITH
    JUDITH
    YEAH! Glad to hear senors like myself still care about their appearance and health. Having my endo tomorrow...
  16. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    I'm 56 and sailed through. My daughter was 19 and had a very difficult time. Go figure!! I was wondering if this surgery was worth having at my age... well it certainly is. I have so much more energy, stamina and bounce in my step. Nothing hurts after a hard day's work anymore!! Clothes shopping is starting to be fun now that I'm a size 20. Slow yes, but steady. Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. vwpeery
    vwpeery
    It was easy, Back to work in a week, now 85 pounds lost, I FEEL GREAT!
  18. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    Congratulations on your speedy discharge! Walk and sip walk and sip as they will be your new best friends. I look forward to following your journey.
  19. Diane D
    Diane D
    Very encouraging, thanks for sharing. I go for my endoscopy on Wed. Best of Luck to you and awsome news!
  20. Bilby
    Bilby
    That is great Chris ... a inspiration for us that are still to cross over.
    I wish you continued success in your healing and your journey onward.
    Please keep the posts coming