Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Losing weight at a good rate and how I am doing it......

1. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    If you have noticed I am losing weight at a good rate. Since October 23rd I have lost 41 lbs. this is how I am doing it gals-
    FIRST OF ALL EXERCISE: I am not keen on exercise and never have been. Right after I came back from Tijuana and having my sleeve with Dr. Quinones I went and purchased a good quality treadmill (which by the way takes up a good part of my living room) I walk that treadmill EVERY day of the week. I used to have a personal trainer who gave me a tip. She was watching me walk and told me if I would slow down and put the incline up as far as I could stand it that I would lose more calories. I tried this and she was right. Seeing I just started walking again I am only walking at 2.5 mph right now at a incline set at 3. I walk this for 30 minutes while watching TV. I will increase the incline as time goes on but this is good for me right now.

SECOND IS EATING RIGHT: I have cut all breads, flours and processed sugars out of my diet. I do eat a beef jerky as a snack once in awhile but the salt intake is high so not very often. I have never been a label reader in my life. That's why I was fat. Yes FAT! I told myself that after I had my sleeve that I would change all of my bad habits. I am a different person now. I read all labels and watch that everything I put in my body is healthy. I eat a lot of baked Fish with Lemon Pepper. baked Chicken, Shrimp, Tuna, Salmon. I quit eating beef except the jerky once in a great while. I eat veggies, I use Silk Almond Milk, I drink Crystal Light and carry a Liter wherever I go. I eat veggies with seasoning, not butter. I don't eat potatoes because of the starch in them. I made one mistake and that was to eat a few fried cheese balls and I will never do it again. I got the worse stomach ache in my life and was extremely nauseated. My body was used to healthy foods and not fried foods. I don't want to see them again! I also eat a little no fat Sherbit for dessert and low fat no sugar puddings. I do not count my calories, I go by the feeling in my stomach. I know when enough is enough.
    I told myself I will prevail and I am prevailing!!

If you have any other questions please send me a message and I will be glad to try and help.
  2. DragonsLoard
    Congrats on your NEW Life!!!!! I KNOW I'll do well after my sleeve! I'm very lucky to have a husband who supports me 110%
  3. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Now I know where I am going wrong at and how much the exercise means and diet alone just won't cut it. I love fish, but i loved fried fish, fried shrimp. now i know. How is the almond milk? I am happy you are a lot more committed then myself and I see the difference in our weight loss.
  4. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    such good info.. im hooked on goats milk though and refuse to give it up.. lol.. I no longer eat beef anymore. I havent in a while.. I eat mostly Bison or Elk or seafood mainly sushimi sushi.. sweets were my weakness before.. I always ate healthy.. just way too much and often. I think I would have been sooo much bigger to begin with if I hadnt eaten so healthy.. But I did have a few cheeseburgers prior to surgery and man were they good.. I got my beef fix then and gained like 5 pounds in a week.. GROSS!! I am also losing at a good rate and also exerising. I walk a steep hill which is the same as the inline... sounds like were on the same path.. So happy for us all!! whats funny is my BF is super fit but he eats giants amounts. When he see how little it takes me to be full .. he keeps saying.. "maybe I should have that done.. I eat way too much" he never gains though.. URGGG!!
  5. judy79
    judy79
    Men lose weight faster, but girl you are doing it. Yall keep it up!!!