Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How are you?

1. staphaknee
    staphaknee
    Just wanted to say hello and hope everyone is doing well in there first few days after surgery! I am 21 days post op and I am doing GREAT!!! I am eating well and I have lost 20lbs. I am glad so far that I have done this! I cant to lose more and to start working out everyday at the gym!

Share how you are doing!!
  2. denabean
    denabean
    I am still waiting on my surgery date. Going through these classes for insurance purposes but March is suppose to be my date. I love hearing about everyones progress. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!
  3. ekoehn
    ekoehn
    Surgery was a breeze. Had no complications. It will be 1 week on Monday and I am thinking about going back to work. Having some issues getting all the protein in. It just takes so long to drink all that. I have been keeping the fluids in though. I am down a total of 25lbs so for but only 16lbs from my surgery date. I am finding that I get these terrible gas bubbles in my ribs. Not sure what those are but it is usually if I take too big of a drink or if I find I am full. Hope everyone is having it easy breezy too!
  4. Lcardullo
    Lcardullo
    Thanks for checking in on me! I had a rough start - internal bleeding and needed several transfusions. I traveled from FL to MX for the surgery and though the Doctor and nurses were wonderful it was very scary. They kept me a few days extra until my blood work improved which means that the bleeding has hopefully stopped. Maybe I'm a worry wart but when I look at my stomach which has the most shocking purple bruised area covering about a foot in diameter it is frightening. That said, I feel pretty good today which must say something. I am tolerating clear liquids well and not hungry. I'm going to schedule an appointment with my regular doctor Monday and I'm a bit stressed about what her reaction will be as I did not share my decision to have the surgery with her ahead of time.

I'm glad you are doing well! If the bleeding is resolved I will echo the sentiments of many that it was the best decision I've ever made. We're you self pay or did insurance cover? If self pay, did you tell our doctor ahead of time? I'm not looking forward to her reaction based on my complications, but I will have to face the music.

Take care,

Linda
  5. staphaknee
    staphaknee
    My surgery was covered by insurance..I am very thankful for that!

If you have a facebook I am apart of a support group where we support each other and answer any questions with our opinion to people who ask if you wanna join follow the link to to join http://www.facebook.com/groups/364274273660743/
  6. Deanna13
    Deanna13
    im doing great now that i got rid of the excruciating pain in my lower belly. once the last stitch dissolved i was good. ive lost 35 lbs since surgery date of 11/6 Im ready to start working out now that the pain is gone.
  7. karena
    karena
    I had surgery on Monday 11/26. Deanna, I too have one incision that hurts like crazy every time I sit up or bend over. Glad to hear that it does go away. I am down 15 pounds since my surgery date. I feel like all I do is sip water to stay hydrated. Energy levels are increasing a little bit each day. I am so glad everyone is improving too. The first few days after surgery were the worst.
  8. geebee
    geebee
    My surgery was Nov 19th.... i had no problems and felt 100% by the 23rd... began exercising then.... i have lost 23lbs since the 19th... i have so much energy and am so happy...wish i had done this years ago! unfortunately insurance didnt pay and i had to save for surgery ......well that is all behind me and only good things lie ahead.........hope everyone keeps inproving quickly.. about to start pureed food tomorrow....looking forward to getting back to something i can chew LPL
  9. kerbing
    kerbing
    Hi everyone! I am 8 days post op. Actually woke up with quite a bit of energy this morning! Yea! I am having no problems getting my food down....it just takes forever to eat it! (and my tummy reminds me if I eat it too fast) Insurance didn't pay, so I had Dr. Lopez in Mexico do it.....wow... was a very good experience. I have total confidence in Dr. Lopez's ability. My little incisions are still tender and I do get tired about half way through the day....but it gets better every day. My favorite foods: instant oatmeal (thin and soupy) with unflavored protein powder, greek yogurt, and a huge variety of soups with unflavored protein powder. Occasionally a protein shake before bed. I've lost almost 18 lbs. since surgery....wow!
  10. Aunt_Sukki
    Aunt_Sukki
    Hi everyone! I'm 2+ weeks post op & doing great! I'm down 21 lbs & am starting to see a difference. Every day I feel better & have a little more energy from the day before. I didn't have any complications & my incisions are almost completely healed. Luckily it's cold outside so soups are a big hit for me. Refried beans are a godsend! It takes me all week to get a whole can down, but it's great protein & sticks with you for a while. Same with oatmeal. It's amazing how fast I get full & how I'm never hungry. I'm noticing foods I used to love don't sound good anymore.. maybe thats because I know it would take me all day to eat it. lol. Glad everyone is doing good. Best of luck!!
  11. SandyFromNJ
    SandyFromNJ
    I had my surgery on November 5th. I went in on the 5th and I was discharged on the 6th. The first week was rough but I improved each day. After two weeks, I went back to work. I am still adjusting to the sleeve. So far I have lost about 15 lbs.