Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Diarrhea for days!

1. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    LOL...I know I'm getting into a TMI discussion. Healthcare professionals are the worst patients (especially me ) I slowly starting my pre-op diet with cutting out refined sugar, simple carbs, etc...and holy cow...today at lunch...totally forgot what I was doing and a coworker (who is a PA knows I'm having the surgery), bought me a "low carb blended mocha". OMG! It was made with milk, and I didn't tell her I can't have milk! My diarrhea actually started on Sunday (2 days ago); however it started all over again! I don't want to take meds because I know it's a form to get whatever's bad in your gut..out. I'm just suffering..and guess wanted to share my rumbling gut story. Ginger Ale, water and a banana seem to be helping. Sorry for the ramble! Just know nurses can relate! LOL
  2. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    Keep those fluids and electrolytes coming!!
  3. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Yes, what seemed to work...THANK GOD was 2 bananns, water, and ginger ale. I was able to keep chicken broth in me and able to drink two cups of tea later in the evening (while still at work) and another ginger ale. I was able to eat dinner tonight. I think it was a GI viral syndrome (had a low grade fever last night with chills--nothing ibuprofen and tylenol couldn't handle). thanks for your reply BCmommabear...I felt like crap last night (excuse the pun).
  4. Cheryl s
    Cheryl s
    I had the same thing happen to me, minus any forbidden foods. Missed one week of work, couldn't keep anything in me. It went around my family so it was a virus. Had to get bolus of 1000ml NS in ER and dilaudid for abdominal pain. They did a ct of abdomen and pelvis and all is well except sleeve is still inflamed (I was 5 weeks post op). I am feeling much better. Glad you are better too. Seems like any intestinal virus will hit us 10 fold now.
  5. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    I'm glad you're feeling better Cheryl. It was weird because I didn't have the abdominal cramping, but thank God it's over. I was bad last night and ate fast food just to test to see if I was over the stage, and I am. Well, back to eating better until surgery date! Thanks for letting me vent and responding!
  6. JenniferP
    JenniferP
    I had my surgery 11/14/12. I don't have to go back to work til after the new year. Thank god! I work nights but my issues have been this liquid diet. I swear everything runs right through me. I got dehydrated from diarrhea and had a friend ( another nurse ) bring a liter of LR and we ran it in. Afterwards felt soo much better. I still have tons of loose stools- what goes in comes right out but have IV start kit here and another liter of LR just in case I can't keep the fluids going. For hydration at work just keep a large bottle water on hand. We all sit to chart so that's when I plan to sip sip sip! I am so glad I was able to take a lot of time off for this surgery I am in awe for those of you who are able to work 2 weeks out. I think if needed I could go back next week but I am planning on enjoying my holidays! Good luck to all. I wish I knew other nurses here who had wls. So far in 28 days I have lost 33lbs yea me!!! This journey is amazing and such a gift!