Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

insurance and inflamation of stomach

1. kikitrixie
    kikitrixie
    Hi..

Just wondering how easy or complicated it was to get insurance to approve surgery revision? The reason why I ask is because..pretty simply I want this thing out! I feel like the last couple of years it has caused issues with my health. I had my endoscopy only to find that my stomach is inflammed and doc feels that it wasnt procedure for me..so he's even asking for it to be pulled out.. :0 I also spoke to my primary who is writing the medical necessitiy note..and I have tried WW and nothing..I really cant work-out because I have crappy knees and need to lose wt in order for my knees to get fixed (double edged sword) Just venting..and asking your experiences.
    Kiki
  2. popeye
    popeye
    we never went the insurance route.. paid everything out of pocket..just because it is such a hassle.. Insurance wants you to jump through so many hoops, it just wasn't worth it in my book.
    Hope this helps
  3. Anamor2011
    Anamor2011
    For me it wasn't too much of a hassle at all. Just cause I had been to my DR faithfully every month since I had my lapband in. I don't remember the specifics of the requirements but it varies from insurance to insurance. I do know that my BMI still had to be over 35, I had to have the letter of medical necesity from my DR., I think I still had to do 1 psych visit and 2 dietician visits. Other than that, it took less than a month to get my approval once they submitted the required papework and testing. If your dr's office doesn't have the knowledge or initiative to do it for you, you can call your insurance or look on website what the requirements are for revision and start the process yourself. Good luck!
  4. katharine
    katharine
    I bypassesd the docs and went straight to my insurance company. I asked them which doctors and facilities were considered 'in network' and what the requirements were. I'm glad I did because the 'in network' facility was 2 hours from me.... I'd have gone somewhere local and ended up spending a fortune. On my first appt I asked the MD for a list of EVERYTHING I would need to have completed before insurance approval. Had tones of labs and testing to do.... I knew in advance to write out a statement that explained what I had tried to do to lose weight after my lap band failed.... Weight Watchers, Phenteramine, etc...... Once the testing was done it went very quickly. The facility I had my surgery at is very busy, so I jumped on the first surgery date they had available. Did my lapband in MX and was impressed with the MDs and the facility.... This time I knew my insurance covered WLS so I figured I'd save the money. good luck!