Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Ladies stay motivated

1. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Hey Ladies, I just wanted you all to know if you ever need someone to talk to I am here. I find talking to you group of ladies I really been on my GAME. As far as my weight loss goes and thank you all for your support with my weight loss. Especially Tracie_t, she calls me and we talk on Facebook, me talking to her has really encouraged me to go out there and walk. I can't lie TRACIE opened my eyes and I can say I walk more now then I ever have after surgery. We talked about doing it but she actually went and did it faithfully daily while I did for two days dropped off for two days then she called me and told me how well she was doing and then I told myself I have no excuse if she can do it I can too. I talk to Melanie too (Zmdh39) she has been a blessing as well for me mentally. We talk about the sleeve and how it has changed our lives and we talk about other stuff as well. I just want you ladies to know that your never alone as long as you have this group. If you have any questions if I can answer them I will or I will try to find out for you. I can say I get support from my mom TOO MUCH SUPPORT LOL.

To have you ladies on here and to share this journey with you is the support I appreciate. I mean I don't know about other ladies and gents in other forums. Even post surgery I still call Henry and check on him and he answers questions I have still and doesn't rush me or anything. For me I need my hand to be somewhat held in this process I like to know I mean something before an after surgery with my doctor. I don't know if everyone else is getting that but I am and I appreciate that much.

I just wanted to let you all know even if you haven't had surgery trust me it comes faster than you know it. If you still have questions ask anyone in this group, I see we all our pretty quick to responding to one another. Don't ever feel alone, because your not. You have all of us here to be apart of your weight loss journey. I mean if you need me feel free to call me 619 218 7433 anytime, don't feel like your bothering me because you really are not. I can tell you I HAVE HAD NO ISSUES with my surgery I am over 100 days out so far. I have not loss any hair either. I just want to keep the encouragement going. I am happy you all are active on in this group because a lot of people in other groups are not as active.

I know I have about 82 more pounds to go but I know keeping up with my walking I should get there in the next few months. [B LET US MAKE IT HAPPEN[/B] STAY IN TOUCH. Even if it is just a line or two. TAKE CARE
  2. germensano
    germensano
    Thanks for you support. You are awesome.
  3. zmdh39
    And THIS is why I LOVE the Dr. Quinones group!
  4. zmdh39
    And THIS is why I LOVE the Dr. Quinones group! Pheonix we need to plan a get together when I get to Vegas!
  5. Cjp17
    Cjp17
    Phoenix your soooo sweet I may need to come find you when I came to San Diego and give you a hug
  6. judy79
    judy79
    She is so great! Phoenix, you are a great support. It was you who told me about Dr. Q Thank you girlie!!!
  7. judy79
    judy79
    She is so great! Phoenix, you are a great support. It was you who told me about Dr. Q Thank you girlie!!!
  8. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink
    OMG! You are SO sweet!
  9. PlatinumPink
    PlatinumPink
    OMG! You are SO sweet!
  10. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Thanks ladies I am just trying to be encouraging letting you all know your not alone in the process. You have support here.
  11. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    Thanks so much for posting that girlfriend!! I will probably need all that encouragement for myself too!! Love ya girl, you rock!!
  12. jammy
    jammy
    Definitely. Thanks for putting yourself out there and being available to all of us and our questions. It is so great to know that there are such wonderful people in this group and on this site. It does make it easier for me along the way. Kudos!
  13. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Anytime I just want to make sure we all stay motivated and continue on our journey. I am down 40lbs finally, I have 79 more to go. I am so happy it is less than 80 pounds. I can't wait to shed this fat off my arms, stomach and thighs ESPECIALLY. I am getting more motivated when I look in the mirror. I talk to another patient of Dr.Quinones she is further out than I am on her journey. She has lost over 60 pounds. I can't wait to lose another 40 pounds. Ladies we just have to keep each other motivated and check on one anthers progress. Like I said feel free to hit me up anytime if your feeling down or low. Even if you just need to talk or you have more questions. Just an update on me still NO ISSUES with my surgery, nothing. I urge you ladies to work out if your not doing so. I can tell you YES without doing anything your sleeve will allow you to lose weight but then that will slow down to a point it takes forever to lose weight. The activity will get you back to losing weight like you were in your second month. You won't lose as much in any month preceding your first month. Stay hydrated, taking vitamins, do some type of activity that keeps your moving, and stay positive.
  14. jammy
    jammy
    I hadn't researched yet, but at what point can we start doing things like sit ups and maybe some weights for toning?
  15. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    haha I didn't do any of that I just started working out honestly which can explain why my weight loss is a little slower than others. I am fine with that too because I am doing well. I do not think weights would be a problem. Sit ups I would not know. I need to tone my gut it is looking like a hot mess.
  16. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    OMG I haven't even realized I was missing out on this group.. I joined and then never saw it again till now. still learning how to navigate this site.. thanks Phoenix for the encouragement! I'm getting super stressed since the date is almost here. stress makes me eat and makes me a total b@t*h!! I'm working on this last 4 days pre op and buckle down with protein shakes and liquids. all day today I drank those green drinks and protein from Odwalla. so far so good. gonna sleep early so I don't get a late crave.. part of my weight is a serious social issue.. I never call or hang out with anyone anymore.. hope that changes too..
  17. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    YES IT WILL CHANGE I am the same way staying coped up in the house except for when I need to go out. I refused to take photos because how I looked in them. I felt they make me look even bigger than I seen myself. I just felt big and like not feeling myself. When you notice the weight starting to shed you will notice you want to go out a bit more, and you start to get some pride in how you look and you don't mind getting dressed up. You notice you want to go out more, you don't mind taking walks to the liquor store more often. You will see how your self esteem shots up. JUST TAKE PHOTOS NOW, then take photos every time the scale moves 20lbs. you won't be able to really tell the first 20lbs. you lose. I didn't even realize it til about 30lbs, and mainly realized it from a photo I happen to take before the surgery when I was at my friends house, forgot I took the photo and happen to compare it and realized how much i lost. So the photos will help you see what your eyes won't let you. Do not worry about the diet you will be fine. Why are you stressing your about to be on the losing team. GIRL WE ARE HERE FROM YOU IT WILL BE FINE. JUST HIT THE GROUP WHENEVER WE WILL RESPOND.
  18. kiki70
    kiki70
    Thanks lady. Maybe we can hook up on FB? Struggling today
  19. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    yea my email is treneik@aol.com sorry to hear your struggling. I was at a stand still too but then I started to workout and changed my consumption big time. Most of our plateau is about reducing calories and adding some walking in. I did and lost about a pound a day. I was 239 for almost a month up and down. Now I am at *** I lost 19lbs in a matter of two weeks eating less working out a bit more than I did. Today I said I am going to move slowly consume more calories give my body time to adjust since I lost so much weight in short time. I love my hair and don't want it getting short or shedding. Working out can be as easy as 20mins. Oh and to lower calories consumed EAT PICKLES!! Get your protein in as well. Oh and if you live mere a post office start selling on ebay it will give you motivation to walk to the post office to ship that item and get that money LOL. I know I hops up when I got my text your item sold lol. Hope these little pointers help.
  20. judy79
    judy79
    I'm gonna look for you on FB Pheonix, I have a ladies group and there are a few inquiries. Lots of people don't even know this surgery exist!!! I'm so happy I made this group. Dr Q use to be a ink dot on this site, and now he is gettign the attention he clearly deserves!!!
  21. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    I love reading your posts! I've asked three different people about surgeons in MX. I've read good about all three of them, but u honestly believe I will choose Dr. Q when the time comes. I'm just waiting to if some $ is going to come through soon. I'm so hopeful it will. I want my life back! I want to feel better about myself. I used to be the most out going person ever and now I don't want to leave the house because I'm ashamed of how I look. Its effecting everyone in my house. I want ME back
  22. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I totally know the feeling about wanting to get a grip on your life and remembering how you use to be before the weight climbed on for some, for others this has been a lifelong battle with weight. For some of us in the group we TRY to support one another on and off the forum. We keep each other posted on our results and the only way we can do this journey is to keep motivating one another to get to our goal. I know at times for those who have not gotten their surgery seeing others go before you can be very frustrating. I know I use to hate getting on the forum seeing people have surgery and thinking dang if I had mines I would be done 15lbs too or 30 lbs. I am here now and thankful I am still going. I just feel everyone should stay motivated to still want to get this surgery if they have not yet. I thought about it never did it and this year I said what the hell and did it, and now I wish I did it when I first wanted too.I know my plan was to have it now because had I had it then I would not have met the doctor nor would I have met anyone in this group. So I am very thankful for all that this surgery has done to better me, and my life. When the time comes to have your surgery it'll be the first day you gain you back. Feel free to share with us we all check the group frequently, and try to answer any questions the other has. Keep us posted