Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Tell us your story! We are up to 8 members. Woohoo!

1. Hennessy
    Hennessy
    I've heard a little about a few of you, and it's so refreshing and healing to read your posts. I want to know more. Please everybody join in the conversations. We need each other Can anyone relate to what I'm about to tell you?
  2. Hennessy
    Hennessy
    I'm having trouble with physical pain right now, crucifying periods, cluster / migraine headaches. My whole life, ibuprofen has been the only thing that has ever worked for me. Tylenol does nothing. I went to an emergency care clinic tonight, throwing up due to a migraine I've had for two horrific days. I could barely walk to the patient waiting room, I thought I was going to die from the pain. Soooo....you all know I'm Bipolar, very well treated and medicated.
  3. Hennessy
    Hennessy
    I'm so unbelievably tired of doctors not giving me pain medication. Acetominophen WITH hydrocodone is the only thing that relieves my pain. I know that because I was given it after surgery, NOT BECAUSE I AM A DRUG SEEKER. The attending physician literally agreed to give it to me, until she read my chart, "Bipolar Disorder"!! The big "F" word when trying to seek treatment for pain.
  4. Hennessy
    Hennessy
    In my many years of being diagnosed and treated, all drs. refuse narcotic pain killers besides right after the sleeve surgery and that was still only one small bottle. I'm sorry, but people with mental illness have pain, too. So guess what I got instead? A $290 steroid shot! I ran out of there bawling, not only because I was a 9 on a pain scale of 1-10, but because this freaking stigma causes even more suffering because I must endure physical pain now. I have half a mind to stop being honest about it to my physicians. It's so sad, really, so flippin' sad and I have every right to feel sorry for myself. I can't even function like this. Does anyone else have problems seeking narcotic pain meds due to being mentally ill?
  5. dbcherish
    dbcherish
    I also have epic cycles and wicked migraines along with general chronic pain. I do have trouble getting the one med that works best for me ( Vicodin) but I thought it was just because I go hrough it too quickly. I wonder if my charts from the behavioral dept have anything to do with it. I'm sorry you had to go through that - there are still so many stigmas around mental health. I hope that one day there will be equal support
  6. pstebbins1108
    pstebbins1108
    I used to take Imetrex for my migranes. I have also found that Excedrin for Migranes workes for me; however, I have not had a severe migrane since I retired. I'm convinced mine were stress related. I do take Cymbalta for depression and I do have a script for 800 mg. Ibuprofen. Used to have extremely severe migranes about 30 years ago but I divorced him. Sorry for the levity but I find that was amazing. Definitely stress related. I can understand your not wanting to be honest with your physician. I had to actually pressure mine into the script for the Ibuprofen, go figure. I can remember when my migranes were totally debilitating and I feel your pain. Hang in there and try to see out a different doctor. I believe in second, third, fourth, whatever it takes, opinions. Good luck.
  7. kalipso2
    kalipso2
    hi, i'm kris... i was banded in 2008 and totally abused the tool. it made it possible for me to become bulimic and anorexic. i lost all of my goal weight plus some extra weight i shouldn't have lost. after being in therapy and seeing a nutritionist, i decided to have some of the saline removed from my band and while i was there i wanted an xray done to make sure my band was okay. it turned out my band had slipped and had to have all the fluid removed from my band and had to make arrangements to have the lapband removed.

my original weight in 2008 was 213 pounds and i got down to 114 pounds... i was smaller than a size 0. i was wearing my 14 year old nieces clothes.

once i had all the fluid removed from my band i pretty much have stopped throwing up and restricting which has caused me to gain weight. i now weigh 136 pounds... which may not sound like a lot to you but to me it's unacceptable. i decided to revise to the sleeve, not to go back to an eating disorder but to maintain my weight.

my surgeon gave me 6 months to get my band removed and i'm already in month 3 and have to make a decision soon! i just had an anxiety attack at work and almost fainted. i'm scared to go to mexico but that's all i can afford... and i have to make my appointment soon.

that's my story!
  8. kalipso2
    kalipso2
    hi, i'm kris... i was banded in 2008 and totally abused the tool. it made it possible for me to become bulimic and anorexic. i lost all of my goal weight plus some extra weight i shouldn't have lost. after being in therapy and seeing a nutritionist, i decided to have some of the saline removed from my band and while i was there i wanted an xray done to make sure my band was okay. it turned out my band had slipped and had to have all the fluid removed from my band and had to make arrangements to have the lapband removed.

my original weight in 2008 was 213 pounds and i got down to 114 pounds... i was smaller than a size 0. i was wearing my 14 year old nieces clothes.

once i had all the fluid removed from my band i pretty much have stopped throwing up and restricting which has caused me to gain weight. i now weigh 136 pounds... which may not sound like a lot to you but to me it's unacceptable. i decided to revise to the sleeve, not to go back to an eating disorder but to maintain my weight.

my surgeon gave me 6 months to get my band removed and i'm already in month 3 and have to make a decision soon! i just had an anxiety attack at work and almost fainted. i'm scared to go to mexico but that's all i can afford... and i have to make my appointment soon.

that's my story!
  9. kalipso2
    kalipso2

that's my story!
  10. hazarley
    hazarley
    I'm Heathyr in Ohio and my surgery date is Dec. 3rd. I was reading through these posts and I was stunned to see that someone else lives on ibuprofen because nothing else works at all. I've always felt alone but I'm starting to realize that I'm not and it's a real relief! I have a face picking disorder and depression. I'm medicated with tons of crap and I don't think it helps. I'm hoping this surgery will help me to dump some Meds. I'd like to just feel what normal is for once. I just want to cross my legs when I sit and not feel like I'm having iron pre up the steps in my house. Here's hoping...