Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Mexico sleevers with no PCP or insurance

1. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    how are you guys getting the stitches removed without a doc or anything? what about an initial checkup..? do you just pull out the stitches yourself? I mean its not a big deal right? I've removed my own before out of my arm once.. when should I be concerned with a check up and vitamin levels?
    never if I feel good? ER if I'm in serious pain?.. no aftercare has me a bit on edge..
  2. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I am seeing my own Physician at home. He took my stitches out and now he is taking care of me.
  3. zmdh39
    Yes, I pulled my own stitches out, its easy, but you can go to a PCP if you are more comfortable. Dr. Quinones will give you a guide after the surgery via email, and in the reading it has suggested check up schedules...mainly just to check vitamins levels. If you have any problems afterwards feel free to contact the doctor, I have several times because my son busted open one of my incisions the day after I got the stitches out, and I was worry that it got infected. For many patients that lived close by he offered free check ups, but I don't live close enough for that. I just went to my PCP and had her look at the incision when I went for the bladder infection. Dr. Quinones had me send him pictures of the wound, and my pcp took a sample of the incision before I started any antibiotics so that if he thought it was something to worry about they could run all the test on the sample at their office and then get in contact with him. The incision was not infected, but the Dr. kept in constant contact with me via email afterwards...he even sent me one the other day just to see how I was doing. That is a call you have to make on your own if you are comfortable with that or not. For me it was easy because I have a great doctor in my home town, and a bariatric facility that I can get my vitamins checked at, with in walking distance from my house, so for me I was comfortable. But I totally understand if your area doesn't have things like that why you would be worried. Honestly I would just call Henry and ask to have the doctor give you a call back and see what he suggest for you, better safe and comfortable on matters like that ya know.
  4. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    yeah I knew I could go back to TJ. which is three hours of traffic Hell.. or spend a few hundred for a PCP and lab work. I wanted to see if anyone knew of another cheaper way.. guess three hrs isn't so bad. I hope to get some insurance again next year.. thanks guys..
  5. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    just thought id add to this.. in case anyone else had the same concerns. I contacted the Barbaric Center in LA again. they told me they give free vitamin level checks .. just have to pay a doctors fee $120.00.. that's not so bad..and an xray of the pouch would be $75.00 I think ill do that rather than take the jaunt to TJ again... would be so cool if Henry did made house calls.. lol.. I've been to TJ probably 12 times and haven't had the best experiences.. I just want to get my surgery and get out honestly.. I am worried a little about the passport and I wish I would have gotten one anyway.. I just remembered the last time I went without one they held me at the border for an hour.. but since were in a medical vehicle I'm sure it will be easier and no biggie.. I'm going to Italy next year for an international study so guess I have to get one soon anyway.. I meant to ask Henry if I did want to go back for a checkup would they pick me up again..or am I on my own..? ill have to ask him on Tuesday.. today is day 2 on liquids and protein.. gonna drink detox tea all day too.. OMG I'm so nervous I could puke..
  6. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I took my own out too, you just cut under the knot and pull the thread , it is three incisions with stitches, and you can take them out 7-10 days later I did mines like the 5 or 6th day. No sweat. You can have Dr. Quinones take them out he offered to take mines out if I went back to TJ. The thing is I know we go through the medical line after surgery but if I go back for a follow up appointment I have to wait in that LONG LONG BORDER TRAFFIC OMG LIKE 3.5 hrs. SO NOT WORTH it for some stitches to be removed. GIRL YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PAYING FOR THEM TEST!! You are already at $200.00 I have no PCP, no Insurance and just got laid off. NO ISSUES WITH THE SLEEVE AT ALL. No need to do all that at all you will be fine. He won't let you leave if he thought you were going to have issues. I think it is a waste of your money to get those test done. They made you go to second inspection? Well doubt that will happen because of you had a medical procedure. They are picking you up from Anaheim? OR San Diego? I plan to go for a check up next year in November after I dropped all this weight so they can see me and see his work. I will probably drop sooner and go earlier but I doubt it LOL. I will go back though. You should ask for a barium swallow if they do those and if you can have one over the dye test. I believe the barium swallow is similar to the dye test but they give you an x-ray to make sure nothing leaked. All they can tell you is now. The vitamin level checks doubt you will need that as well. You know when your body is having a deficient if you know you well. When I notice I got little bruises from bumping into things I need iron, when my nails get dry I need calcium, when i get spams I need less sodium. I know your trying to be safe and cautious that is fine. But if it will put your mind at ease go head and do it don't let me talk you out of it. You can also try to go to a low income clinic to get the vitamin check the fee is like $20 or 30 dollars. You can get x-rays done too. It is for people with no insurance and need medical care. THEY HAVE THEM ALL OVER CALIFORNIA. I had TWO BAD EXPERIENCES IN TJ, Each one made me not go back for like YEARS. This surgery is why I went back after a BAD EXPERIENCE IN 07/07/2007(funny I had surgery 07/06/2010, I was suppose to have it 07/07/2007 but what had happened to me that day in TJ, I didn't want no repeats so made sure I went on a different date) I am just saying that didn't stop me.
  7. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    thanks Phoenix.. that's what I'm saying traffic Hell!! you are probably right on all accounts.. I won't need much aftercare which is why I chose the sleeve I don't think I've ever been deficient in anything.. I eat too much of everything.. lol.. yeah I don't want to scare people from MX but I have had several police steal my cash and sorts of things like that. a medical vehicle means I can avoid that I'm sure. seems like everyone had no issues but being from Cali I know full what its really like there. those people are dirt poor and if your plates are from Cali then don't plan on taking any valuables what so ever.. I've never been hurt or anything... that time I got stuck on the border I was with a group of PIs we were doing surveillane on some Coyotes that started in San Diego and then ended up going across.. we followed them through to find out where they lived ourway back non of us had passport cause we weren't expecting to cross.. so that sucked. all I had was my DL license which didn't mean crap to them.. anyway I am sure I could go to a clinica here.. I never thought of that. last time I went to one was years ago. I had a UTI and they have me free meds.. that was cool! sorry you were laid off. I work for myself so I sometimes feel laid off when work is slow.. at least you got the sleeve taken care of.. I bet a whole new world of opportunities will open up for you.. probably some you would never expect.. make sure to get that UE. I lived off that for two years and used that time to get a professional license that allows me to work for myself and be my own boss for once.. anyway we should get together soon.. meet up somehwere next year sometime.. thanks again for the words..
  8. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Your right when you said "I bet a whole new world of opportunities will open up for you." I am very optimistic and keeping the faith in God. I know he knows my needs and will make sure they are provided for. I have been VERY BUSY. I used the last of my funds to get my website up which will be up in a few more weeks. I am going to let you all know about it once I have it up then the entire site and all the other sites can go on it and give me their feedback. I just need for that to work in my favor and the rest will fall into place. My UNEMPLOYMENT isn't anything literally what I get for the month people get in a days work with overtime, literally. I have financial obligations but had to prioritize them but God is making a way. I want to stress but I can't I feel GOD is telling me he is working everything out for me and to be patient, and trust in his plan for me. I know that is true because everyone is so helpful with answering questions I have about my site and I know EVERYONE WILL SEE IT'S VALUE once it is up. It is all about getting the word out. Which due to finances will be word out mouth LOL, and some social media. That can carry me far. I tell you all to stay focused and encouraged because I am despite setbacks I am having I know I must be destined for something great that the devil is working so hard against me. I feel everyone who has come into my life is contributing to it in one way or another. I don't take anything for value because the smallest bit of information can't be taken for granted. Basically I am happy I got my sleeve and I make everyday count towards making my site the best on the internet for the service it will be provided for the online community. I DIDN'T MEAN TO COME OFF LIKE LITTLE OL ME. I DON'T FEEL THAT WAY. I truly know this is going to work out it is all about marketing my self and getting advertisement when I CAN to further market myself. If anything keep me in your prayers, that this is his plan for me.
  9. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    you didn't come off as anything but strong and confident.. Wow you have a plan and that's the hardest part. it's all down hill from here. you will do amaziNly.. !!!