Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

HELP!!!! I Don't Know Where To Begin

1. lnbrack
    lnbrack
    Hello I am new to the site and I have been do some research for the Gastric Sleeve.I dont know where to begin I having been on Google,youtube a few diffrent sites but still not sure of what should be my first step.I am in ATLANTA so i know I have to find a doctor first I have insurance but I dont know how to find out if the surgery is covered.I have heard you have to have all this history of attempts to lose weight on your on first and boy have I.I have been to sevaral diffrent clinics even lost weight on my own,But the weight keeps coming back(with a vengence)So if anyone can give me some pointers of where I should start first and I can pick it up from there Thanks so MUCH!
  2. FoxReid
    FoxReid
    Hello!!! I used Obesity Solutions out of Gainesville Ga. My insurance covered the surgery....but as of this year they no longer cover it. ( I have United Health Care HRA with the State) To get started, you need to go through your insurance first. They have different requirements than what the Dr may require. I started the process in Jan 2011 and didn't have the surgery until Sept. 2011. The best of luck to you!!
  3. happy2sleeve
    happy2sleeve
    i live in atlanta too. I went to an informational session at dekalb medical and they kinda get you started. I would go to a hospital's website that's close to where you live and look for an informational session on surgical weightloss.
    good luck with everything and message me if you need to.
  4. Crystal Woods
    Crystal Woods
    Hi everyone. I live in Dalton... about an hour north of Atlanta. I am scheduled for my sleeve on 03/01. I am having to self pay because I have no insurance so I am going to Dr. Almanza in Mexico.
  5. mzt2bsexy
    mzt2bsexy
    Crystal I live in Atlanta
  6. Christine Heusinger
    Christine Heusinger
    I suggest you look on the website of the hospital nearest you. Look for their bariatric program and make sure it is a CENTER OF EXCELLENCE. If not, find a different hospital! The staff at Wellstar's Bariatric Program WONDERFUL! I dont' have a surgical date yet. Still waiting for the insurance company to verify it. I have had my appointment with the surgeon already; have made my appointments for the psych evaluation and with the nutritionist. Becuase of my age (I'm 60) my surgeon requires I get clearance from a cardiologist and a pulminolgist! I have made those appointments too!
  7. Christine Heusinger
    Christine Heusinger
    I suggest you look on the website of the hospital nearest you. Look for their bariatric program and make sure it is a CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (many insurances require that). If not, find a different hospital! The staff at Wellstar's Bariatric Program WONDERFUL! I dont' have a surgical date yet. Still waiting for the insurance company to verify it. I have had my appointment with the surgeon already; have made my appointments for the psych evaluation and with the nutritionist. Becuase of my age (I'm 60) my surgeon requires I get clearance from a cardiologist and a pulminolgist! I have made those appointments too!
  8. Christine Heusinger
    Christine Heusinger
    I suggest you look on the website of the hospital nearest you. Look for their bariatric program and make sure it is a CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (many insurances require that). If not, find a different hospital! The staff at Wellstar's Bariatric Program WONDERFUL! I dont' have a surgical date yet. Still waiting for the insurance company to verify it. I have had my appointment with the surgeon already; have made my appointments for the psych evaluation and with the nutritionist. Becuase of my age (I'm 60) my surgeon requires I get clearance from a cardiologist and a pulminolgist! I have made those appointments too!
  9. kcaaunt
    kcaaunt
    I am using Dr. Macik at Northside Hospital. I contacted my insurance and got the process started with them for several months before I even made my first consultation with him. I had to do the 6month diet as part of my process so it didn't make much sense to see him until I had that underway.
  10. kcaaunt
    kcaaunt
    I am using Dr. Macik at Northside Hospital. I contacted my insurance and got the process started with them for several months before I even made my first consultation with him. I had to do the 6month diet as part of my process so it didn't make much sense to see him until I had that underway.