Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

sleeved on October 5th and it has been one hell of a ride!! :)

1. LivingLifeJohnson
    LivingLifeJohnson
    Just wanted to share some of the different feelings I have been going through post op. I am going to keep this short . One day I will blog my entire experience but I have no time for that just yet. So I was sleeved 16 days ago with some very special ladies who I am so glad to have met. Ok so for the first week there was lots of gas pain in my back shoulders and stomach, tolerable but very uncomfortable and I could not sleep at night for some reason. Week 2 was diarrhea and bad cramping for the ENTIRE week, it had me down and out for a while. It was so bad that for a while I could not take anything in but bottle water. No juice. no yogurt, no nothing just water for 5 days straight. I went to the ER a few days ago and I had xrays and a CT scan and they said everything as far as the surgery looked great They said that it could be
    C-diff or just my body reacting to all the new changes. I was prescribed a couple antibiotics and something for the cramping in my stomach. Today I feel 90% better thank you Jesus!! I must say the surgery itself went well, but adjusting to all these new feelings has been very uncomfortable to say the least. (Duh, what did I expect right) ON THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THINGS: the great news is that while in ER I was weighed( I must buy a new home scale it gives me 3 different weights evertime I step on it) and I am now at 360...... thats crazy!! I was like 398 on the day of surgery and in 2 weeks I lost almost 40lbs...... so how can I complain, right I CANT!! I just have to get use to this sleeve and I will be fine. I have been so scared to begin the pureed diet and in 5 days I am on to soft foods I have absolutely no desire to eat food at all, well I do have a desire for fried chicken and pizza (I only want them when I have to smell them) but thats not happening anytime soon so oh well other than that I dont want anything at all. I have to find somethings that work for me because I have not been taking in enough of anything but water. I did say short and sweet right LOL ok all in all I would say my experience with Dr Quinones was a good one. I am doing good aside the diarrhea and the weight is coming off so no complaints from me. Just wanted to share this with you guys........... well have a blessed day
  2. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I am so jealous 40 lbs in two weeks. That is great girl really it is. Keep up the great weight loss. There are a few things still left to get use too.
  3. zmdh39
    Congratulations girl, 40 lbs wow, I am so jealous! So glad you are feeling better, me and jammy were getting worried. Anyway, super excited for ya, and I SO feel you on those gas pains. Take care!
  4. zmdh39
    Congratulations girl, 40 lbs wow, I am so jealous! So glad you are feeling better, me and jammy were getting worried. Anyway, super excited for ya, and I SO feel you on those gas pains. Take care!
  5. jammy
    jammy
    Yay! So happy things are getting better. My mom and I, along with zmdh39 have been worried (like she said ) When you do start eating, STAY AWAY from the pasta! Lol...it hurts! Keep in touch and tell your cousin hello. As for the the chicken and pizza...I am right there with you. It is really hard to see everyone eating all this yummy, delicious looking food and know that I can't have any at this point. I still have an immense fear of stretching my stomach out. Best of luck and we are all here to support you on this adventure!
  6. judy79
    judy79
    40 pounds in 2 weeks, I bet you feel great seeing the weight melt off! Its a few months away for me, but a dream come true. Congrats girl!!!
  7. judy79
    judy79
    40 pounds in 2 weeks, I bet you feel great seeing the weight melt off! Its a few months away for me, but a dream come true. Congrats girl!!!
  8. judy79
    judy79
  9. judy79
    judy79
  10. judy79
    judy79
  11. judy79
    judy79
    Dang, sorry about the over post lol