Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How are you determining your goal weight?

1. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I am curious to know how you all are determining your goal weight. I did make a post about it a while back http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/o...al-weight.html But now I am curious. Because I am about to get my new scale which measures body fat. I am wondering if some of you are using actual weight or are you measuring how much body fat you have? I can't wait to see how much body fat I have so I can be more concerned about losing body fat then how much I weigh.

5'6 Started at 273 I was wanting to be 153 but my lil cousin came and weighed 149 and that made me think I should want to weigh about 165 but I don't know. I think 155-175 would be a good weight for me.
  2. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    I've been at 150 in the last couple of years and find that a reasonable weight for me that I can always revise when I get to it, but I'd love to be at 150 now!
  3. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I think that should be my key word RE-VISE for my weight goal. I think we really don't know until we get close to it, and for now we are just guessing what we think is normal for us. Unless we been there we just don't know but even then that could change. I know I got months before I am where I want to be, so I guess I should focus more on losing 15lbs a month.
  4. Sunflower
    Sunflower
    I'm hoping to get down to 140 because that would put me at a BMI of 24. I remember a very long time ago being at 130 and looking quite amazing!
  5. taeinga
    taeinga
    Good question... my goal is 165. I really liked myself at 170. My doctor wants me at 160. So, I'm compromising and shooting for 165. I figure that's a good spot to be. At 5'7, that puts me slighty still overweight, but I just don't think I want to be any smaller. Not to sound vein, but I will say that I have no co-morbidities other than mild asthma and reflux... BOTH of which started since I've been the weight that I am now. So, I think I'm ok to be at a BMI of 25.1-25.5.
  6. Stacyj4
    Stacyj4
    My goal weight was originally 160. I am now 146. I really don't want to lose anymore, but I know that I will. I'm 8 months out and have been told that you lose for a year to a years and a half post op. I have slowed down my cardio and started doing more weights with hopes to gaining muscle. Let's see how this work for me.
  7. Agape724
    Agape724
    Great question!
    I remember in 2000 when I was 155 and my BMI was 24, did a lot of weight training...
    I look good at that size and it gave me some leeway to gain or lose.
    I'm sure my body is different and with age I may be off 10-15Ibs.
    So I guess I'll do short monthly and an ultimate weight loss goal as I go...
  8. Princefan68
    Princefan68
    I am 265 right now and need to lose about 5% of that in order to get surgery. I have my appointment next week with the surgeon. This is such a slow process. I am very anxious to get my surgery, but I am also a little scared. I want to be about 130-140 which is good for my height of 5 ft. 5 in. I am currently at my highest ever weight and have been having trouble losing weight even more so since I broke my leg in 2010. I am having complications in my knee from breaking my leg. It limits how I exercise, which is a major problem. I am glad to see an African-American forum here because each race experience weight issues differently. I was curious about how African-Americans experience the sleeving surgery. Good luck to all my sistas and brothas here trying to get our sexy back! And lets get Obama re-elected so that he finishes what he started!
  9. cslewis01
    cslewis01
    My goal is to return to my previous low weight -- 150. Let's see when I get there....