Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What do you eat?

1. PHATDIVABBW
    PHATDIVABBW
    I'm on regular food but mostly stick with greek yogurt, string cheese, protein shakes, imitation crab meat, and thin sliced deli meat. I try to get veggies in my meal but it's so hard eating a well rounded meal when protein is the star player! My nutritionist suggest I drink V8 juice.

I struggle with chicken, eggs and ground beef. I love steak but can't eat much of it. Shhh! I can eat 1 whole fried chicken wing but baked chicken makes me vomit. SMH
  2. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Hi PHATDIVA,

I usually list my menu on this thread and other people post so I get ideas from them and vice versa:

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/g...enu-today.html

Feel free to jump in!
  3. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I list what I eat on myfitnesspal.com, A LOT OF PEOPLE DO. If you want to friend me I am on there. I also struggle with eating ground beef, I can eat fried chicken haven't tried it any other way, I am limited with eggs. I find the only thing that really doesn't hurt my tummy is crackers. A lot of things hurt my belly I am still getting use to the surgery and eating. I find eating food a challenge because I don't know how it will feel once I digest it. I am trying to find that safe food which when i eat it, it gets me full and doesn't hurt my tummy. I had been lean cuisine, smart ones, etc. But I feel I need to get into a routine I been not doing that. I plan to get my shi* right this month.
  4. leah
    leah
    I eat a lot of fruit. I love watermelon, banana, cherries, strawberries, and peaches. I also eat shrimp, broccoli, cheese sticks, sugar free pudding, hot skins, mashed potatoes, green beans, spinach, sugar free popsicles, eggs....what I stay away from is pasta, rice, and bread.
  5. ebonylove
    ebonylove
    my best friend said its easy for hard a crunchy (skin from fried chicken, chips, french fries....all the bad foods) go down better than the soft and smooth (eggs, baked chicken, soups). She say they make her tummy hurt. So crazy to me however it works for her. She has lost over 100 pounds and it has stayed off for 2 years. I pray i'm the opposite and can eat all the good things. She has lost the weight however her levels are always very low and lost a lot of hair. She also eats a bag of ice in 2 days. She can eat whatever she wants just not as much.
  6. cipherd
    cipherd
    @Leah how many hot skins and mash potatoes do you eat because you are trying to stay away from pasta, rice and etc...then you are staying away from Carbs and Starch...Ground Provision (like potatoes) have a lot of starch. I tried to each mashed potatoes since they say that it is easy to go down but it hasn't been for me. As a matter of fact everything seems to taste the same and feel the same way going down. I am going to try to each some canned peaches for the first time after the surgery. Everything seems to lodge in my throat...even after I chew for like damn near 2 minutes. Has anyone gone through what I am going through. Everything just really tastes nasty. I smell things and I want it but when I taste it...that's another thing. I am currently drinking Boost High Protein shakes (chocolate is nasty by the way), crystal light drinks, Amy's Soups, Yoplait yogurts and broiled meats with beans. I am going to try taco ground turkey and salad today. Let's see what happens.
  7. cipherd
    cipherd
    @ebonylove...everything seems to make my belly hurt too. I find myself eating a spoonful of whatever I am eating and then like 5 to 10 minutes I would drink something and get back to the meal. Only eating a spoonful or half of a spoonful every 5 to 10 minutes. I gained weight and I wonder why!
  8. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I think it is something with the surgery I am a month out and almost a week and everything hurts my belly. I mean everything no matter the texture. I try to get food down sometimes it starts off going down good then when I get that near to last bite in I don't know what happens. @cipherd I totally agree everything smells good but eating it is another situation. It is normal to gain weight after week 2 I think. Your body plays a little gain/lose weight thing. I still haven't found my safe food. I am still eating my lean cuisine and smart ones. I have my yogurt, and i bought the canned tamales. I don't see myself eating more than one lean cuisine and a yogurt a day. Depending how my stomach feels. Sometimes I wonder if it is something I am doing wrong that it doesn't feel right in my stomach.
  9. cipherd
    cipherd
    Is it something that we are doing wrong? I mean...Dr. Umbach keeps telling me that I just have to deal with the change and to make sure that I keep a high protein intake. He just advises me that it will past and that I should stay with mashed potatoes, yogurt and my protein shakes...and to also make sure I take my multivitamins and medications. I do love the fact that I have not needed to use my sleep apnea machine and have no more water retention. I have not needed to use 7 of my 19 medications but everything just seems weird. I have several friends who have had the surgery and they thing that I am just tripping and keep telling me it will past. Just don't eat anything but yogurt and protein shakes but its just weird. LOL!
  10. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I do have a cheat which is pickles, because it has so little nutritional value and I can eat them and get full without adding to my calories, fat, or carbs so if your snacking a lot or about to hit over 1200 that could suffice to not go over the 1200 and to get full. Now that I am talking to you all I am realizing that a lot of the things I feel is normal like the food hurting my belly. It could because we are missing so much of our stomach now that as we are getting use to eating less our stomach is getting use to less blood vessels and less volume. I don't think it is us at all. I think that this stall I am going through is normal until my body can re-adjust to the new calorie intake I will be having. Unlike many I am so grateful to have had surgery that losing anything is better than the nothing i was losing before. I know in the next 6 months I will be one foxy lady. I can't wait.
  11. leah
    leah
    Cipherd....I try to stay away from a lot of carbs. Since I can eat so little I tell myself why waste it on my trigger foods. So I tend to just stay away from those three foods all together. I just have no desire for them and it makes me think I will start gaining weight if I eat them. Skins I can eat about 8 of them and mash potatoes. I eat like a quarter of a cup and that is not all the time. I will eat mash potatoes maybe once every two weeks. I love to eat brocolli shrimp garlic and butter. It seems like I have periods of times where I love a certain kind of food. My stomach has never hurt so it is hard for me to relate on foods hurting your stomach. I just eat till I am full and my stomach says no more. I have never thrown up. I guess I am lucky on that. And I lost the weight pretty fast. I think this all is a miracle and sometimes I got to pinch myself to see if this all is real.
  12. PHATDIVABBW
    PHATDIVABBW
    It sounds like you guys are still in the soft stage of your post-op diet. If you are eating too much your stomach will hurt. If you eat too quickly your stomach will hurt. Also is it hurting near your larger incision where the stomach was removed through.

BTW: I log my food on myfitnesspal and sparkpeople
  13. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    What is your MFP? I log my food there as well. Your right seems like almost all I eat hurts my stomach.
  14. leah
    leah
    I love using my fitness pal. I don't use it as often as I should but I do. My name is leahwright1
  15. jtjabrael99
    jtjabrael99
    Hi ladies i had my surgeryu 1 year on 9/29/11, and i was not able to eat any solid tough crunchy etc types of foods. Not sure if you had a meal plan from your doc but you shouldnt be eatng these types of foods as the stomach has not healed yet. Solid foods should not be on tbhe menu until around the 3rd month and crunchy is definetly a no no until even after 4 mnths for me. Alot of different foods i am just now being able to eat again. In box me at jtjabrael@netzero.com if you need or would like a copy of post opt diet from my doc. You may also call me at 561 929 6383 Dee DEE
  16. Stacyj4
    Stacyj4
    I eat Greek yogurt,deli meat,eggs, chicken, steak etc. I have been blessed to not have a bad reaction to anything except milk. It gives me upset tummy. Besides that I'm good. I don't do fried anything. Don't wanna get back into old habits.
  17. NaturalRadiance
    NaturalRadiance
    Do you ladies still post on myfitnesspal??
  18. 1hotdiva
    1hotdiva
    8 mos out and I still have issues on certain foods.. Pasta feels like it is expanding in my stomach. So I stay awayfrom it. I eat rice, some veggies like green beans mashed and baked potatos, carrots and broccocli, lettuce are still hard for me to digest. Cannot eat stuff with a lot of sugar , matter of fact I dont even have any cravings for sugar. Smoothies have become my best friend. Dont eat a lot of fried foods although I did manage to get a fried chicken wing down.. I eat a lot of soup..