Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Average Weight Loss

1. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Was curious to know what is everyone's average weight loss. About the first 3 weeks I am 18 lbs down and counting. I can't tell at all. I guess I lost water weight.
  2. danithediva
    danithediva
    I'm one week out I'm down 16 (8 pre-op/8 post-op)
  3. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    I lost 8 lbs. in the hospital and 2 lbs. a week for about a month, then I was losing 1 lb. I started exercising and with that lose about 2 lbs. My weight loss isn't as fast as many due to a slow metabolism but when I average it out it's about 9.5 lbs. per month, which is only .5 lbs. under the average.
  4. Miss. Tracy
    Miss. Tracy
    I am almost 6 meeks out and I am down 16 pounds post op. This is a totally new way of eating for me. My brain is still adjusting to the amount my tummy (I love Winnie The Pooh) can hold. My nurse said some people start out with a slower progression of weightloss, then it will often pick up in progression as time goes on. Im working out 4-5 times a week. I have to increase my water intake, but i am doing well eating. Hang in there...
  5. Sunflower
    Sunflower
    I lost about 10 pounds on the pre-op, then about 10 pounds in the first week after surgery. I go through phases of crazy daily weight loss for about ten days, then nothing for 5-10 days, then back to losing again. I'm in a stall right now, but that's part of my weight loss pattern so I'm not stressing. In 5 months I've lost almost 70 pounds.
  6. PHATDIVABBW
    PHATDIVABBW
    I wasn't required to do a pre-op diet. I've had two stalls and I'm 11 weeks post op. I didn't pay attention to the daily or weekly weight loss but usually after a stall I can drop 3lbs in a day. I guess on average you can say I'm losing approx 5+ pounds a week.
  7. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I found this article piece "You can expect to lose about 50 to 80 percent of your body weight during the first six months to one year following surgery. UCLA Health Systems estimates a weight loss of 60 percent of excess body weight after two years. A person weighing 250 lbs. presurgery whose ideal body weight is 125 lbs. can expect to lose 75 lbs., or 60 percent of excess body weight, over two years. According to UCLA's formula, you can expect to lose about 10 lbs. each month after surgery."

Read more: Expected Monthly Weight Loss With The Gastric Sleeve | LIVESTRONG.COM
  8. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Okay @Dee I read your weight loss is very normal. You can lose up to 20lbs the first month and then 10 a month is normal. I am also losing like 10lbs a month. I can't wait for 6-9 more months. I want to lose 88 more pounds to be where I want to be. So by my birthday I should be where I WANT TO BE!! I can't wait
  9. jehinman
    jehinman
    I am three months out of surgery and I have lost 42 pounds. I think that I am losing too slow. And now I seem to be stuck at 192. My original weight was 239. If anyone have any suggestion please share them I am getting a little discouraged.
  10. jehinman
    jehinman
    I am three months post-op and iam down to 192 from 239.
  11. bigsexy
    bigsexy
    Ive lost 20lb.s and its my 11th day out...Is that the normal...My Doctor says Im doing great...Just making sure its not to fast...
  12. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I think that it is based on how much you have to lose. If your in the 400 range losing like 50+ lbs in a month is normal. It just depends on your body. I am 5'6 and started at 273 I am almost 4 months out and I have lost about 40lbs. The first month I lost 20 lbs, the month after I lost 10lbs, and then I lost like 8 lbs after that for the month. I know my weight loss is slow because I didn't work out I JUST STARTED WORKING OUT LAST WEEK. Which when I did my stall ended. HOpe that helps. I know that my slower loss doesn't bother me because I have to think had I not had surgery in 3 months I would not have lost 40lbs. ACTUALLY losing 10lbs a month is normal so I am actually losing at a normal pace.
  13. hope4me
    hope4me
    From pass reading bigsexy you are on course. and hey congd on the loss. and to you Phoenixrise. things are sounding like they are going great for you. as you mention. and I agree.. it depends on how much weight and maybe how active one is. I know for me. I will not be surprise to loss slow. that is normal for me. I 'm not in the high range of things but at this point in my life I'm stepping up and up in the numbers. Time to do myself a favor and stop the maddness.
  14. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    My average has gone down to 7.5 but it's not bothering me today-yesterday I lost 80 lbs. exactly and am 25 lbs. to goal! I like nice round numbers, lol.
  15. lrsmith28
    lrsmith28
    I am 3 weeks post op and have lost 40 pounds.
  16. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    My update for you all, I am 119 days out, which is 4 months, 46 lbs lost with 73 lbs to go. I can not wait to shed the rest of this 73lbs.
  17. Dee Leshuz
    Dee Leshuz
    Don't forget to appreciate the moment-46 lbs. lost! even as you want the rest off. Your body is different now, it must feel better to have made that accomplishment!
  18. bigsexy
    bigsexy
    Thanks everyone...its appreciated..Im 24lbs down entering my 3rd week...I feel great...trying to walk more...ignoring the tummy growls at times I feed it a popsicle...Im trying and staying focused
  19. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    That's great, I am down now 52lbs and just a few days over 4months. It picked up when I started to exercise. So now I have another 68 lbs. To go can't wait
  20. thebeautifulone
    thebeautifulone
    I will be 4 months out on the 6th. I have lost 44 pds. Gosh that is a lot of weight to lose and I am feeling fabulous. Keep up the great work everybody
  21. Nursedee
    Nursedee
    I've lost 20,bs and 12/9 will be one month out.
  22. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    @Nursedee that is great, I am now 59 lbs down and yesterday will be 5 months for me.
  23. euvette
    euvette
    9 days post op 15 lost.
  24. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    5 months on the 6th of December and 62 lbs down. I just realized reading my last posts I have lost a good chunk of weight from month 4 to 5. On strict calorie consumption diet.
  25. DANA H
    DANA H
    6 days post op and down 19lbs!!!!!
  26. trinalovespeace
    trinalovespeace
    surgery date 12/21/2012 to 1/02/2013 from 210 lbs to 191 lbs. ..lost 191 lbs.. thus far...
  27. trinalovespeace
    trinalovespeace
    My surgery date (12/21/2012) weight @ 210 lbs.. present post surgery weight (1/02/2012) 191 ls. down 19 pounds!!!! 57 lbs to go...Enjoy the journey and all that it has to offer...
  28. Newbody2013
    Newbody2013
    Surgery 12/17 and I am down to 220 from 246 so 26lbs down on day 20..... I have even been back in the hospital for two days since 12/17.....feeling much better now.......starting to eat soft foods finally.....
  29. bigsexy
    bigsexy
    Well Ive lost almost 70lbs in 3 months...I feel Great...My surgery was Oct 15,2012 weighed in 476lbs ... Im down to 413lbs today...I hate I ever waited...Im staying focused and keeping on track...
  30. vmb
    vmb
    Anyone having surgery around Jan 30-Feb 1?
  31. minxie
    minxie
    I am 2.5 months out. My surgery was 11/8. I am 53 lbs lighter, and am trying to reach 60 lbs even by my 3 month date. I'm losing about 20 lbs per month, or 4-5 lbs per week. I am going to start doing more than light walking soon, but so far I am THRILLED with my results. People are beginning to notice the change, which is encouraging!
  32. Trae
    Trae
    Hello, I has surgery 12/17/13 and have lost 40 lbs, but am stalling like crazy...I feel those old habits creeping up on me, I thought that the weight would fall off, not happening and I am starting to get discouraged. Please help!
  33. 1hotdiva
    1hotdiva
    I have lost a total of 84 pounds in 8 months. 10mpounds a month.. For those that are getting discouraged pls dont.. Hang on in there and please start exercising. I have found that exercisong can and does help with weight loss not to mention the effects of losing all of this weight ie flab. I started out taking water aerobics and now I have worked myself up to a pole dancing class!!! LOL not very good at it but it is great exercise...
  34. Loodi1990
    Loodi1990
    Well I'm African American I just had the sleeve on may 8th and to this day I have lost 30lbs exact, I went from 348lbs to 318lbs my doctor was even shocked that we had to check it again, I'm losing very well. Literally he said I should be out of the 300s on my next visit, way too happy.