Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome!!!

1. missliz0850
    missliz0850
    Hi new members! Anyone want to share their story? I've been using my cpap for a short while, still adjusting. I hope the surgery rids me on the need. My best friend made me promise to be tested fir sleep apnea as she had the bypass 2 years ago and informed me the only deaths she'd seen among ger friends on their message boards and group members were sleep apnea patients who either weren't being treated for sleep apnea or ignored their symptoms altogether. Since I'm going to Mexico for surgery and wasn't required to get a sleep study she made me promise to be tested and follow treatment until the doc says otherwise. I'm usually hard headed but not this time. peace and blessings all! Feel free to share whatever you'd like. Thanks for joining.
  2. missliz0850
    missliz0850
    **Sorry for typos I'm on my cell**
  3. bytheriver
    bytheriver
    I am also fairly new to the C-pap machine, still not totally with it, yet, but, working hard at it. I can't wait to experience a good night of sleep, as i have heard, waking up refresed and rested. Iam also planing to go to Mexico and have my VSG out there, since my new insurance doesn't cover it. I hope everything goes well with yours.
  4. compact
    compact
    Hi MissLiz and bytheriver -- thanks for starting this group -- you must've read my thoughts. I love my CPAP machine. I imagine I'm on a boat on the water with a breeze in my face..
    Nel
  5. Franlb
    Franlb
    Hello,

I'm Fran and I have had sleep apnea for a while now and I have not routinely used my CPAP machine, I use it religiously now. I have not been sleeved yet my surgical date is September 19, 2012. The other day I received a scare, I had layed down for a nap and was awakened twice gasping for air and I did not have on my CPAP, so I really need my surgery and I need to always wear my machine when I sleep. Just grateful that God is keeping me.
  6. cja
    cja
    I was required to have a sleep study prior to being sleeved and was shocked to find out I had sleep apnea. I had absolutely no idea. I knew I snored because I was quite "large", but had no clue about the sleep apnea. I now wear a CPAP machine and am well rested with it. Since being sleeved and losing just a few pounds, I don't know if I still need it. Does anyone know if this is a forever thing?
  7. carol62
    carol62
    I am yet to be sleeved and have been advised that i have severe apnea. I sleep with a cpap. My doctor advised me to stay on machine until i losse all my weight and than be re tested, I have my fingers crossed as I hate sleeping with that awful machine.
  8. maddy1957
    maddy1957
    Hello I had sleep apnea for two years prior to surgery. I stopped breathing for 62 seconds at a time. I hated wearing the mask but the alternative was far worse and being constantly tired. Its been a year since my sleeve and have lost 110 pounds. I now don't need the machine and am so pleased.