Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Checking In

1. Karmela
    Karmela
    Good morning everyone,

It has been some time since we all have checked in on each other. I wanted to reach out to you all to see how everyone is doing. Well, let me start with this, I originally lost 93 pounds after the surgery. I felt so good and began to live a new healthy life with less weight. Now lets bring it to our current time. I gained a lot of weight which started last year after having some stressful situations that lead me to having a nervous breakdown twice once in April 2019 and the other in June 2020. I started to drink heavily and my weight began to increase. I started taking antidepressants, to kind of change my mood and feel better about myself. First one that was prescribed to me didn't work and only made me feel worse. As of June 2020, I am on new meds which makes me feel more like myself. But it took me a while to get back on track. I stopped drinking 30 days ago and have been exercising like crazy. I feel so amazing but the problem that I'm having is that I'm not losing the weight and I wanted to see what others were doing or had you guys gain your weight back. Anyway I hope you all are healthy and safe.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone.

Karmann Robbins
  2. Pam G
    Pam G
    Hi, I haven't been on the site for a looooong time, and just seeing this.

Your post made me realize that being obese is NOT the problem, it's a result of a problem. And if we don't address the root of "the" problem, the weight we lost will eventually find us!

Sorry you went through all that, but hoping things are back to normal now.

Pam
  3. Pam G
    Pam G
    Hey! I can't believe it's been 7 years!

I lost a ton of weight in the first 10 months. once I got to my lowest (for a hot minute), I started regaining. the gain was slow at first, then suddenly, in 2021, it skyrocketed. I've regained around 50-55 lbs. Still 50 less than when I had surgery, but too much.

I think what started it is that I started feeling hunger again. REAL freekin' HUNGER. Like, true pain. Like it was before I had the surgery. The sleeve fixed the stomach pain I felt for a few years. But now... it's been back with a vengeance.

Also, I stopped thinking about food and eating nonstop after the surgery. Then, that constant thinking about food came back with the hunger.

I've just started searching for "re-sleeve" info, or something that can take away that hunger again.