Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How's it going after 6 years???

1. zybbed
    zybbed
    For some strange reason, this website sent me an email. I had lost the bookmark when I got a new computer and totally forgot about it - until I saw the email.

Now, here's the bad part.
    I originally had the surgery because I needed knee replacement and was too heavy. I never lost enough weight to get the surgery.
    At a surgery weight of 307 I managed to get to 240 and just stalled. A little over 3 years ago I had an injury at work that messed up my "good" knee. I kept working until I could no longer take the pain. Turns out, I had torn my meniscus and it just seemed to accelerate the deterioration of that knee. I was not able to continue working as my job was an active, single person job. I ended up retiring.
    The pain is now double. I receive cortisone shots in both knees since I'm still overweight.
    I now weigh about 280 lbs and it's scary because it's like I can't seem to control the eating. My Dr. prescribed Norcos, which I try not to take because I hate drugs, but, I cannot deal with the pain without some type of meds. I usually will use Tylenol Arthritis. (2 @ 2x per day)

I just started back to the gym that has a pool - so I can work on trying to bend my knees. I just fell again a couple of days ago. This was the second time in 3 months. I feel like a turtle on it's back and because of the knees, trying to get up is hell. My sister happened to be there this last time and though she can't help pick me up, she sat on a chair while I used the arm to eventually get myself up.

I cannot continue to live this way. Maybe the email I got from here was the nudge I needed? We shall see. I will be 59 years old in a couple of months and I KNOW I don't want to continue living the life as an old lady that is limited by bad knees.
    I will be checking back her more. Reading more. And trying really hard to work on the weight. I mentioned years ago that sweets were one of my biggest obstacles as I used to be a heavy drinker. I will have an occasional beer. (55 calorie lite beer only) but the sugar part is still a problem.

How are the rest of you? I would like to hear YOUR current situations. Have you kept your weight off? Gained? What are your biggest issues?