Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

5 years out

1. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    Hi guys. I haven't been on here in a very very long time. It's amazing to see people still working on it and the excitement and joy of losing the weight. The end of July made 5 years for me. I didn't celebrate though. In the last 3 months I have put on 8-10 pounds and I am the heaviest I have been since surgery. I'm not happy at all but honestly finding that motivation again has been really really hard. My lowest weight was 151. The place I was happy at was 167-173. I'm 179. One of the biggest changes I need to make is my alcohol consumption, it's some thing they warn about and it can easily become an issue.

Overall though, life is a lot easier 5 years out. It's still food, like sour cream and mayo that I just can't eat. My portions are bigger now but I still can't consume a regular size meal. I don't enjoy eating out because oil used for cooking still causes immediate dumping feelings. I have no regrets, my hair has grown back. My skin, even though it's saggy in some places, has evened out. Other then these extra 8- 10 pounds, I have no complaints.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask. Also any motivational thoughts are appreciated. I worked hard for this and I need to will my mind to get it back.
  2. pdubb23
    pdubb23
    June 14th put me 6 years out. I've gained about 50 pounds so I know the struggle. I have altered my diet and have since gone back on a diet to what Im supposed to be eating. With the sleeve its easier to manage and get back on track. I do a lot of fasting and working out which is pretty much what my first year consisted of. I got discouraged at times but now that Im back on track I want to be an example for others like me that felt like a failure. With your small gain, I think thats normal and you are doing great to be 5 years out so cudos to you. Im looking forward to getting back to my goal and sharing it with others that can be done.