Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

May Sleevers - Check In

1. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    Thought I'd start a check-in with May Sleevers....what are your stats and how are you feeling?

I'll start:
    HW - 310
    SW - 274
    CW - 223
    GW - 152 is what I list here, but really where I feel comfortable.

I'm feeling great; have a lot of energy! Sleeping better and get up with the alarm instead of snoozing and fighting it. Working out with weights 3x/wk and cardio 3-4x/wk. I love wearing smaller scrubs at work! I feel good eating healthy and even though tempted, am managing to stay away from the junk food.

There's at least half dozen of us here - I'd love to hear how you all are doing!!!
  2. katesjourney
    katesjourney
    Hi MsLisa71!

I am 5 weeks/3 days post-op, and I feel great too! After a few setbacks in my recovery weeks one and three, I am really getting the hang of things now. Energy is also good: walking 3 miles a day, weight training 3-4 times a week @ the gym. I have learned sooo much about what works for me for successful weight loss. When I follow >64oz fluid, >60gm protein, calories 600-700/day the pounds disappear.

HW: 285
    (lapband 2009)
    VSG pre-op: 246
    SW: 225
    CW: 195
    GW: 145 Halfway there!!!

So far, so good, couldn't be happier with my decision to improve my health!
    Hope everyone else is doing well!
  3. SAMom
    SAMom
    Geez! I feel like a real slacker compared to both of you! But I’m happy and pleased with my progress so far. I had a pretty rough time the first 6 weeks. I’m now 7 weeks 3 days out and I’m just now feeling like my old self. I haven’t exercised in years due to back and knee problems but after hearing about you two, I think I’ll try! ( I had major back surgery last October and both knees replaced in 2017 so I may start slow!)
    You are both very encouraging!
    I’m happy with my decision and looking forward to my new life!

Only had to do 10 days of pre-op
    SW 229
    CW 194
    GW 145

Lisa, I appreciate you keeping everyone in touch. I love hearing how everyone is doing!
    Have a nice night!
  4. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    Kate & SAMom; your stats are so close to one another....you're both doing great! One thing I've learned for sure is that recovery looks so different from each of us to another. Keep up the hard work following your program and do what you can with exercise. I'm glad we all agree this was a good decision and our lives are improving....that's the best part of this....seeing the future in a whole new (healthy) way!
    Blessings ladies!!
  5. katesjourney
    katesjourney
    Hi, SAMom! Looks like you are doing great; keep up the good work! Back surgery and 2 knee replacements last year?? Wow, that is some serious business! I think it's amazing that you have started your WLS journey on the heels of that! Go you!!!

TMsLisa71, totally agree with you; each person's journey is unique. I admit to being a bit discouraged a few times during my recovery when I was struggling early on. Reading about other people's journeys on this forum really helped a lot. And I also want to thank you for reaching out to the May Sleevers!

How are the other May Sleevers doing???
    Looking forward to seeing our progress and supporting each other!
  6. SAMom
    SAMom
    Good Morning Ladies! Just wanted to let you know that due to your inspiration I went to a well shaded park in my neighborhood this morning and walked a mile!!! I know it’s a tiny amount compared to y’all but it’s huge to me! I seriously can’t remember how many years ago I attempted to exercise. DD bought me an exercise bike after my knees were replaced to help with my flexibility but I never really embraced it. I’ll try again. Turning over a new leaf here I come!
    Have a great day!
  7. katesjourney
    katesjourney
    Good for you, SAMom!!!! Give yourself some credit; walking a mile is fantastic! My motivation to MOVE every day comes from how much it helps the pounds come off. Way to go, keep it up!
  8. tonewbeginnings
    tonewbeginnings
    Hi group, so good to hear that everyone is doing so well. I hear ya SAMom as I have had ankle and knee surgeries, have 2 very arthritic knees and need hip replacement relatively sooner than later. With that being said however taking off almost 50 pounds requires me to use my cane less often and I can do more now. Can't ever walk for exercise but I can swim and do pool exercises so that is what I do. I am almost 2 1/2 months out HW 259 SW 245 CW 211. I had to do a lot of traveling this summer which really put a stall in my progress but I'm doing better now. Still have 2 more trips to contend with getting my kids to college (one across the coast), then after that I will have more stability and control with my eating and what food is in the house.I love my kids dearly but it is so much easier to stick to my diet plan and put myself as a priority when they are not here. Keep going everyone. Have a great week.
  9. tonewbeginnings
    tonewbeginnings
    By the way, my name is Kim
  10. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    Way to go SAMom! Every extra step you take, figuratively and literally, counts! It's only by pushing ourselves that we learn what we can do and accomplish. It takes courage to take that step. (Okay too many puns....not intended!)

I'm stuck in my weight loss and trying not to let it get to me. Been at the same 220# for a week, but I've also increased my activity and resistance training. That has tapped my energy some, not quite as 'up and at em' in the mornings after a tough workout the night before. Keeping steady though. I did buy some non-plus size clothes on Sunday for the first time in 25+ years....talk about a non-scale victory!!
  11. tonewbeginnings
    tonewbeginnings
    Lisa, not that I have any more knowledge about this whole process than you as we are so close in surgery dates, but don't weigh yourself for awhile especially after increasing your activity and doing strength training (which is wonderful btw). You are doing so well and seem so disciplined and adhering to your program that you should not weigh yourself more than once every 1 or even 2 weeks. You look amazing. Just focus on enjoying all the benefits that the weight loss has brought you so far and don't get on the scale for awhile. I weigh in about once a week although my program doesn't want us to weight in except when we come in once a month. (I can't do just once a month, but I understand where they are coming from). Congrats on the non-plus size clothes purchase, what an emotional achievement.
  12. MsLisa71
    MsLisa71
    Thanks, Kim....I do weigh every morning and I'm realizing it just frustrates me! I'm doing everything I can to be on point for food and exercising, but this obsessing over the scale is getting to be too much. Need to put it out of sight for a bit. I actually saw my psychologist the other day and he said that the body needs time to settle in and rest which is why plateaus regularly happen. Just need to keep doing what I know is right.
    I appreciate your compliments & encouragement. I feel great and am loving this new me!
  13. tonewbeginnings
    tonewbeginnings
    Hi Everyone. So just got back from a week of being out of town. I can say it was really difficult eating all my meals out. In the beginning I made good decisions but then later in the week started eating way too much in quantity, even making myself sick a few times. (sick as in that feeling when you overate at Thanksgiving and can't literally move for hours). Also had some candy which I don't normally have which made me sick after. On the plus side I purchased the clear protein drinks I like ahead of time on Amazon and had then shipped to the hotel I was going to be staying at. So right when I got there I was able to put them in the little fridge in my room and that made a huge difference to starve off hunger between meals. So now I am back home with no excuses and am trying to decrease my meal size so I don't stretch out my stomach. One more kid off to college this week and then I can clean out all the cupboards and fridge and have more environmental control at home. Would love to hear how everyone else is doing.