Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New here

1. Renay3
    Renay3
    Hello,
    My name is Renay and I’m 61 years old. I had my sleeve done on March 15,2018.
    I have only lost 25 lbs since my surgery. Total of 40 lbs lost. Feeling very discouraged but my doctor said I’m doing fine since I’m a female, 61 yrs old and weight on the day of my surgery was 204.5. Any tips to help me get my weight loss moving again.. been stalled for a month now.
    Thanks!
  2. Kindle
    Kindle
    I think you’re doing just fine. Stalls and even gains are all a part of normal WLS. I had surgery December 2015. Started at 240. I lost more on my 2 week preop diet than I did the entire 3 months immediate postop. Lost apsolutely nothing the entire month on February...actually gained 3 pounds. Then, out of the blue started losing again. I eventually lost 100 pounds, even passed my goal weight. I didn’t do a lot of tracking and measuring, but the key for me was drinking 100+ oz of water, getting 80+ g of protein, and keeping carbs in check. (But not a crazy, ketodiet low carb level ).

I wouldn’t sweat your stall and your rate of loss seems pretty decent to me, but as for advice, I guess it would help to know what your intake is. Calories? Protein? Water? Carbs?
  3. AnnieG
    AnnieG
    I'm 66, 9 months out. It seems to me that everyone has sort of their own rhythym of weight loss. I agree with Kindle's post. 80+ grams of protein, and carbs in check, but not absent or silly (as in an oreo silly). I've had a literal bite of a birthday cake at a friends, but not much for adventuring till I have a firm handle. Right now I'm past goal, but also only at 1100 calories, 90 grams of protein. And lots and lots of water. I've had stalls, and then a sudden gain, but no particular reason. And never ketosis.
  4. Renay3
    Renay3
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the advice! Really appreciate it.